A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are we allowed to use downloaded version - of MS Word to work?

Posted: Oct 30, 2014

I guess you can no longer buy full licensed copies of MS Word on a disk ???  I see you can get MS Word 2013 in downloadable form, starting with a "trial" and then I guess you end up paying per year or month?  So, is this acceptable or do we HAVE to have it on disk?

I use the downloaded 2013 version... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and they charge me yearly. I like it because it saves to the cloud, so I can access my files from whatever computer I'm at.

Thanks! Can I ask you how and where to do this? - All I see is the software advertised

[ In Reply To ..]
for around $150 to $200. Do you have to pay this up front and then still a yearly subscription?

I think I'll get it directly from the microsoft site.... - the download....$109

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure if the $109 is all I have to pay though? Probably also a yearly amount....I'm so sick of looking for MS Word that I just don't care anymore....LOL

Similar Messages:

InScribe Version - Which Is The "latest" That You Downloaded?
Apr 29, 2014

I'm just wondering if beta is still under testing, or if anyone's loaded it and using it with, or without problems? ...

Downloaded The Fix For DQS And
Oct 12, 2010

one job at a time.  There is never a second job waiting behind it. When I finish the job I have and upload it, I get NJA for a few seconds and then it downloads a job.  I don't ever have 2 jobs at a time in my queue anymore. Anyone else having this happen?  This has only been happening to me since I downloaded the "fix" for 6.1. ...

Has Anyone Downloaded DQS To Their Own Equipment Lately?
Oct 24, 2012

I'm going to be out of town a lot in the near future and I'd like work to be portable.  I found a little bit of info in the archives, but I'd appreciate any help you can give, even if it's just a link to a helpful post.Thanks  :) ...

I Just Downloaded DS To A New Windows 7 32-bit Computer
Apr 18, 2011

and I'm having all sorts of trouble.  Anyone else using Win 7 that can advise me?  I have to go in with every dictation and reset the pedal settings so that the pedal will work and the feature to enlarge the text won't work.  Sure could use some advise here. ...

I Need Help Asap. I Just Downloaded Coffeecup
Aug 26, 2012

free FTP for my new job and I cannot figure how to make a new connection.  It says something about control S but all it said when I did that was I do not have authorization to view that page.  Not sure where to put all the info my new job sent (like where it says port 21).  Thanks for any help!! ...

Anyone Heard Of Or Ever Downloaded And Used Express Scribe?
Jan 24, 2013

Hey, has anyone heard of or ever downloaded and used Express Scribe?  It's a free download.  I'm interested to hear any feedback about this program.  Is it trustworthy?  It makes me a little suspicious because it's free.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :) ...

I Just Downloaded Instant Text - Seems Extremely Complicated -
Aug 24, 2010

I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years, all of which has been on Dictaphone EXText and now EXEditor.  Why does my ESP in Dictaphone keep interfering? If I use an expansion and hit spacebar the ESP windows comes up, which makes no sense because ESP uses ctrl-ctrl to open?  And how on earth do you learn it all?  How will it benefit me after using thousands of ESPs daily.    Help!   ...

Downloaded Instant Text Today. How Will I Ever Learn It All?
Aug 24, 2010

You all really love it? ...

I Downloaded The Labor Standards Complaint Form
Apr 05, 2012

For the great State of Wisconsin (as they say). All that free data entry we do, headers and so on - yeah, I'm gonna put a price on all that.  Go ahead and tell me, State of Wisconsin, that in the great United States of America, workers can be expected to DONATE their time and effort to a company, and it's A-OK.  Go ahead, tell me that - so I can add it into my video. ...

How Many F11's Are We Allowed?
Feb 02, 2011

x ...

Should It Be Allowed (they Just Did This To Me)
Feb 02, 2013

I sent a dictation to QC for blanks because the dictator was saying wrong words, and mis-speaking.  I just got about 7 major errors for things which the dictator changed mind, slurred, and that is why I put it in the pending with questions to begin with.  So, is this the correct policy. Put in the blanks, question certain words and then still get in trouble for this as major errors? I did not put through to client, questioned each, put difficult dictator in box, please help and then I ...

Uh Oh...we Were Allowed To
Dec 25, 2014

in case of NJA, which I did, but now I am not having NJA.  Will have to find out what to do.  All the new ideas seem to be bad ones, but then, what would one expect with MM. ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

How Many Excused Absences Are You Allowed...
Jan 08, 2013

And what happens if you exceed that number? ...

What Have We Allowed To Happen To Our Profession?
May 22, 2014

Ladies and Gentleman MTs -- Twenty years ago I earned 7 cpl at my job as an IC MT, was treated fairly by my employer, paid weekend and holiday bonuses, as well as quan/qual bonuses.  Although hours were long, worked most holidays and weekends, I earned around $45,000/yr, about $35.00 an hour and was free to choose the hours that I worked.   Could we all just take some control over our professions, please?  Yes, being an MT is a profession.  How much specialized education, t ...

More Blanks Allowed Before Sending To IQA
Jan 13, 2015

Ok, got E-mail about changing when we have to send reports to IQA and when we can just ship on. Increasing number of blanks, etc.  Anyone understand how this is going to impact our 10% or less criteria?  I may be crazy, but sounds like we might be getting a break here. Guess we have been shipping too much to IQA. When in doubt we don't want to lose money with a wrong guess. ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

Cardioscribes - India MTSO - Why Are They Allowed To Post? Sm
Mar 22, 2010

Their ad even boasts about offshore work.  "This position will include editing VR files, MT files, and offshore files - all through the same software. " See link. Surprised the moderators have not dumped the ad or is that all a thing of the past here at MTStars? http://forum.mtstars.com/207366.html ...

What Are Some Questions That You Guys Ask During Interview? (Am I Allowed To Ask This Moderator)- Sm
Feb 22, 2011

x ...

Am I Allowed To Change Font Size In Ebeyondtxt?
Apr 29, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...

Instant Text Moving Included Entries Is Not Allowed
Sep 05, 2012

Good morning all! I am trying to move an entry in Instant Text and I am getting this message -   Moving included entries is not allowed. To move entries of an included glossary, first open it into the Glossary Viewer.   Any ideas???   Thanks,   Cathy ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Landmark Frustrations - Aren't Allowed To Work On My Account Due To Low Volume
Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it� ...

Okay Downloaded The "fix" For The Heading Problem And Need The Address Or Website For Supp
Mar 26, 2011

Have no idea what it is.  Can someone provide it please!!!!!!  Thanks  P.S.  Do not download the fix! ...

Does MQ's Version Of
Jan 21, 2010

DQS/DQM work with IE7 or IE8, or only IE6?  I've been reading about the security problems with IE6, but I thought I was told that was the only one that would work with Medquist's DQS/DQM, so curious what version everyone else is using.  TIA! ...

Which Version Of IE Do You Use?
Jul 19, 2010

I am just curious as the version of Internet Explorer that most of you are using. I still have IE 7 and am wondering if maybe it's time to switch to IE 8. Is IE 8 all that great, or is it basically the same as the other? Any thoughts? TIA! ...