A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

does anyone else go into panic mode - when you see the NJA

Posted: Mar 01, 2010

I do every time.   I start thinking worse case scenario, and feel cut off.  Think about losing the house, ending up on the streets, fighting for unemployment.  Then another job pops up and i'm instantly comforted.   But i'm left with a headache from jaw grinding, and the shakes.  Why didn't I get that degree years ago???  Thanks for listening.  :(  Wish I had a good supply of muscle relaxers.

yes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I get that feeling from time to time, but I also have a 4-year degree in marketing. Believe me, a 4-year degree is not a guarantee of anything. I got into transcription 10 years ago to escape the situation I was in at the time. I had been laid off twice during the early 90s mini recession. I really thought MT'ing would carry me on for many more years, but it is not turning out that way at all. Sorry, I'm just emphathizing with you. It's not a good place to be right now.

Yes, definitely - madmamma

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have a degree in accounting. But after working a few jobs and just being plain miserable, I went into this...and have been for 10 years. I have enjoyed it and it works well with my two small children and other home life activities. Now I am pretty much up in the air about what to do. Been looking outside the home as well as other companies. There is one job that if I got offered it I would take it (out of home) but I won't know that until summer. So I have to deal with this garbage for now.

yes, definitely - madmamma - spitfire

[ In Reply To ..]
I also have a 4 year dg in biology with graduate work in medical field. However, can't do squat with a BS/MS, at least not where I live. Need to be where there is a med school at least, if not a health science center. Lots and lots of us out here are w/you. Just trying to hang on for right now :(

wait until you are locked out and there is no work - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Starting in the North we will be locked out of Docuscribe unless we are scheduled. What happens when there is no work during our schedule? I have a bad feeling only negative changes ahead

Well, that is an example of one of the BRILLANT ideas - MQ comes up with.

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, there must be a bunch of orangutans and chimpanzees running MQ. Got to be.

They just keep the stupid ideas coming! No wonder Philips wanted to dump them. What a bunch of mindless creepy little zoned out wenches and warlocks!

Similar Messages:

What Do B-mode, E-mode, And DVI Station Mean?(nm)
May 22, 2012

x ...

Don't Panic
Mar 08, 2010

Wait and see how First Time Right Plays out.  It really is too early to panic.  By the way, since I have worked for MedQuist for a long, long time, I feel I ought to point out that in this company, the closer you are to actual transcription, the more job security you have.  CCMs, they come and go.  I've had at least 4 who were fired.  The management in this company have very insecure jobs.  When things don't go well in their district, they get fired.   ...

Panic Attacks
Jun 07, 2014

while working at Nuance? Did they stop if you quit? TIA. ...

Pacemaker Mode - Please Help!
Apr 06, 2010

Identity DR pacemaker, model 5386, it is in s/l "ADVR" mode ...

Dreaming Of Mode Instability?
Feb 01, 2012

Elderly patient involved in MVA, developed cellulitis to leg.  He became delirious on Lexapro and his mood became unstable.  Would this be an appropriate sentence for HPI?  The patient is a 76-year-old married white man who was transferred from the Medical Service for evaluation and _____ (dreaming of mode) instability. ...

M-mode Measurements Term S/l TAP-C
Oct 30, 2012

i'm typing an echo report, and a new term he said under M-mode measurements.  Has anyone of you encountered a term s/l TAP-C under M-mode?  TIA ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

Is Windows 7 In XP Mode Compatible With Editscript
Nov 01, 2010

Hi there. I have taken a job with a company who uses editscript which they tell me is only compatible with Windows XP. I am running Windows 7. On microsofts home page they have a download that will allow you to run 7 in XP mode for compatibility with older programs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or had any experience with this issue and editscript. I could just load a second OS on my computer but this download woud be much simpler and cheaper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Driver For Windows 7 (running XP Mode W/ Winscribe)
Jan 13, 2010

I've got Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and have XP mode set up and running.   I'm using WinScribe and my problem is that XP mode doesn't seem to recognize my foot pedal, but everything else in WinScribe is working great on 7.  Does anyone have a driver that I can get a link to?  Or, is there a new foot  pedal I should look into for this purpose.   I cannot for the life of me find a website with a legitimate driver download and with it bein ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...