A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

panic attacks - Has anyone developed these SM

Posted: Jun 07, 2014

while working at Nuance? Did they stop if you quit? TIA.

no but - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get panic attacks, but I hope you go a clinic and get some med for this soon. If you cannot afford a doctor many cities have mental health clinics where you can see a doctor for very little. Best wishes to you.

Just a suggestion -sm - DZ

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to get them. I finally realized I was reacting to things. Pay attention and see if it happens when you eat things with a certain color dye for instance. That's one of mine. Some of the others I haven't been able to isolate exactly but I know certain foods or drugs do it to me. Good luck

Yes and yes. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
After 2 years at Nuance, I started to have panic attacks and couldn't figure out why. I was unhappy with my job, but I'd been unhappy for a while, so I didn't think that was it. After trying everything under the sun to stop them, including lab tests, etc, it turns out it WAS my job. I was isolated, underpaid, and I felt like I was a failure.

I quit Nuance 6 months ago and I haven't had a single panic attack since.

Similar Messages:

Don't Panic
Mar 08, 2010

Wait and see how First Time Right Plays out.  It really is too early to panic.  By the way, since I have worked for MedQuist for a long, long time, I feel I ought to point out that in this company, the closer you are to actual transcription, the more job security you have.  CCMs, they come and go.  I've had at least 4 who were fired.  The management in this company have very insecure jobs.  When things don't go well in their district, they get fired.   ...

Does Anyone Else Go Into Panic Mode
Mar 01, 2010

I do every time.   I start thinking worse case scenario, and feel cut off.  Think about losing the house, ending up on the streets, fighting for unemployment.  Then another job pops up and i'm instantly comforted.   But i'm left with a headache from jaw grinding, and the shakes.  Why didn't I get that degree years ago???  Thanks for listening.  :(  Wish I had a good supply of muscle relaxers. ...

Stop The Accusations And Personal Attacks. SM
Jan 25, 2010

If you love VR work and do well with it, great.  However, you must allow those who are not having such success with it to have their own threads and discussions without interrupting.  If you hate VR work and think it is the demise of this career, great.  However, you must allow those who are successful with it to have their own threads and discussions without interrupting. For the threads where someone is asking for assistance with VR, wanting to be more successful, asking for t ...