A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My most recent gripe - old and burned out

Posted: Aug 27, 2012

Was recently told by two new physicians to "use my standard."  The standards that were provided were virtually unrecognizable as medical reports.  Even though they were eventually fixed by the QC person, they nevertheless had been produced by someone, somewhere in the first place.  Is this what the ILPs are producing?  And they want us to be 99% accurate?  You would have had to see these "standards" to believe what they looked like.  My unedited work looks better than this crap.

Not sure, but I thought standards were - provided by idiot hospital

[ In Reply To ..]
administrators or secretaries who don't know anything about MT, as many of the ones I have seen are disasters. When I get them, I don't even bother trying to fix them, just plug them in and move on.

Yes, they are but - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
how did it get on the chart that way in the first place? The hospital had to get it from somewhere in order to provide it as a standard. We do their transcription so someone at MM had to produce it and send it that way. Whoever did it would not even benefit from 100% QA; he/she should be terminated.

Not necessarily in chart - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It could have been a scribbled handwritten note that they were given to type up.

Similar Messages:

Gripe, Gripe, Gripe
Oct 18, 2012

Sometimes you just cant be happy.   MTs have always had it made. Now that real work is involved, and you finally need to put in a full 8-hour day for your paycheck, like many Administrators do, the whining begins.    I can work in jammies, not fix my hair, save gas, I can eat/drink/watch TV, not leave home unless I want to run to the local department store or walk the mall for hours.  You could come home and put in a couple hours of work it was great  - not so easy anymo ...

Just Gotta Gripe
Oct 30, 2009

I am just so exasperated right now!  I'm a new MT, been at it a little over 3 months.  I think the company I work for is pretty good.  We have mostly good dictators, good platform, plenty of work, and nice QA and staff.  I type 70 wpm, and I add to my word expander and autocorrect daily.  Our minimal required line count per week is 6,000, and I'm only averaging about 3,500 to 3,800.  I'm putting in 50 hours or a little more and still can ...

Gotta Gripe
Jul 19, 2012

I've got a gripe.  I hope this is not too long but would really like suggestions if any of my fellow MTs have been in this predicament.  If you are QA turned MT, don't bother to reply.  I don't need sarcasm to start my day. The company I worked for went into partnership with another company.  The new company even changed the name of the company and the new partner is the president of the company.  We're supposed to make all complaints to her; however ...

My Latest Gripe
Dec 01, 2012

How many times, I mean how many, really, must we stack the subheading to the left, capitalize it, put a colon after it, and remove the word "is" before this stupid speech engine figures out that's how it's supposed to do it, not all in one paragraph?  I mean, it's a client specific, and I am pretty everyone is doing it this way, every time, so don't tell me this is the MTs fault.  ...

I Just Have To Gripe. I Work On This Clinic, Sm
Dec 23, 2010

with 1 other girl, and then the QA girl types on this clinic also.  I still have not figured this out.  We keep the work caught up and this QA girl gets on there and types with us when there is nothing to type.  I mean there can be 10 jobs there and she will get on to help us type 10 jobs.  My company makes me type any other clinic that is behind and this being the holiday, we have been given an extra 45-50 jobs to type from other clinics and the QA girl is nowhere to be seen ...

Just A Vent/gripe About Companies And Their Requirements
Jul 24, 2012

I  just had to turn a job down, (after giving it very careful consideration) due to their LPH requirements on VR.  I am in my late 50s, have been doing this for years, mainly straight typing and I also have a slight physical distability, where I am not a "speed typist," but I am accurate.  I  get so frustrated with these companies and the fact that they require "125-150 lph" for straight typing and "200-250 lph " for VR and if you for some unforeseen reason, you can' ...