A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

More on the conversation below - MT

Posted: Nov 11, 2011

Regarding the conversation below about the end of the transcription profession, a while back MQ put a poll on MQ Central regarding professional development, goals and objectives, etc.  I wonder why they would bother with this if they believe we will be replaced by the new technology (EHR).  Also, their "most improved MT" contests.

I feel like we are getting mixed messages. 

Maybe we are getting mixed messages. I listened to most of sm - Mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
conference call held yesterday with share holders and their CFO stated or CEO that with increase in offshoring, they expect their revenue to increase next year. What does that tell ya! Getting rid of as many MTs as possible, so it is not just the electronic stuff that has replaced us, the outsourcing will get worse I'm afraid!

Conference call - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I listened, and they took calls from the listeners. Not one of the questions was from an MT.

LOL You expect TRUTH from them? sm - Vet

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh boy, are you ever NAIVE.

You expect them to tell you the TRUTH? They NEED YOU there to transcribe their stuff for them, til the last report. They are NOT going to tell you that the profession is doing the death rattle.

THEY DO *NOT* CARE ABOUT YOU. AT ALL.

Get it?

i get it, and i'm giving it right back - not the op

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Conversation Below About PF And Other
Oct 31, 2013

This is exactly what we need to do. We need to help each other find a better job. While PF may not be the right fit for me, it might be perfect for someone else. If MModal, Nuance and others like them lose enough of their good MTs, they will have no choice but to pay us fairly and make working for them more appealing. We are extremely talented people and our job is very intense. We deserve a lot more than we are getting. I am happy to make half of what I made just a few years ago. It's time ...

I Am LOVING All This Conversation!!!!
May 12, 2012

All this conversation from people who realize what is and has been happening to their careers as medical transcriptionists is fantastic.  Now, let's see some more action.  Contact the attorneys that filed the Transcend suit, let's get other companies involved here.  That's the only way we're going to send a big message.  Just think, before the cut in pay with editing came about, we really didn't see too much problem with making the money that we neede ...

Interesting Conversation I Had With An Indian MT
Nov 05, 2009

I received a request to chat on my FB account today.  The person on the other end was an MT in India and he was essentially requesting American MTs to subcontract to him, let him do the work and pay him because (paraphrased) "even if the client doesn't wish the work offshored, there are many ways around this and no one would be the wiser." Anyone else had an encounter such as this?  I did find out he makes about $700/month working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day.  Has an ...

Annoyed...but Not A Big Deal, Just A Conversation Starter
Nov 17, 2010

Anybody else get annoyed at docs who put every job they dictate in as a priority?  I mean, everything they dictate, from a 2-month-old death summary to a 3-week-old T&A.   I really hate the ones that are so old that the billing numbers have been erased from system.  I'm guessing they were threatened with their license being pulled to get their work caught up.  That's more important than H&Ps that need to be transferred with a dying patient right??  ...

I Really Have Enjoyed The 'Language' Conversation Today
Dec 28, 2011

I don't think anyone changed anybody else's mind on anything, but it was a good conversation, and a friendly one. I enjoyed it. It made me think. Everybody had some good points. ...

Multi-party Conversation Account
Dec 22, 2012

Does anyone know what it is or work on a multi-party conversation account? I am not exactly sure what it is and saw a job posting for "multi-party conversation verbatim account." Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Serioulsy A 5 Minute Phone Conversation
Dec 15, 2013

I didn't get paid a dime for that crap ...

I Found It Very Difficult To Have A S/l Coliant, Aquilant Conversation
Jan 28, 2011

. ...