A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lately the doctors have been spelling out so many common words - sm

Posted: Jun 11, 2014

Lately the doctors have been spelling out so many common words, some are even enunciating fully now, which is nice, the enunciating not the spelling, that wastes my time..Makes me think that our out of country counterparts are maybe messing up in a HUGE way..Most of us know the words/phrases/slang they use and fix it. I just see so much in docqumanage that makes my jaw drop.

Do you have access to the full DQM? - There are 2 versions

[ In Reply To ..]
The one they usually give out is just the US side of things. The full DQM that shows global allows you to see the names of all the MTs who are online, US and global, and what report they are typing. Sadly, if you just have the regular DQM, you are seeing the US MTs work.

I'm not saying that the ILP work isn't horrible, it is absolute garbage, but US MTs make some pretty big mistakes also.

Oh well that is even worse then - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just a regular MT, no editing or anything. I am just talking about when your in a report and look up previous patient information on the job search feature. Please tell me I am not only getting US MT output...

You may get some ILP in there - but

[ In Reply To ..]
coming from someone who have can see who types the report, the US MTs can be pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, there are excellent MTs out there, but you can tell those who have just started the field or probably don't care too much. Newbies actually don't stay on 100% for long when they are hired. Unfortunately, a lot of reports can get past before someone notices that an MT is struggling.

ASR doesn't help at all when comes to those just starting out. If they were straight typing, they would look up the word to get the spelling and figure out what it is. With ASR, they assume that since the word that is recognized sounds correct, it must be the right one.
Additionally - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The very rules that MModal have set up to improve quality is what makes quality poor in the first place.

Because of fear that an MT will get their pay docked and/or chastised for sending in too many blanks, they instead guess and hope that this particular report in hundreds does not get audited. Sending in blanks is how the newbies learn. However, with pay so awful, one would rather not learn at all than get a paycut.

The constant audits also reduce morale, in turn reducing pride in one's work to the point where the MT doesn't care anymore, leading to more errors and less questions.

In short this company is run by incompetents; monkeys with business degrees who don't have the slightest idea of how things work below them, just that they need to make a lot of money fast and jump ship only to captain another so that they may run it aground.

anyone else notice - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wish the doctors knew their reports are being sent overseas, that we American MTs are not the ones putting out that stuff.

They know, I have spoken to my private physicians - not their choice

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless they are in private practice, they have no choice in who transcribes their stuff. Purely a monetary decision made by the hospital.

They know. My acct has said no OS, and they pay more. - Others say OS is fine and they pay less. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Dang, The Doctors Are Spelling A Lot Of Words Tonight!
Jul 25, 2014

Much more than usual, and this practice of spelling seems to be escalating. ...

Doctors Who Keep Words To A Minimum
May 10, 2011

I have a doctor on one of my accounts who LOVES to dictate as few words as possible.  VR picks it up really well; that's not the problem.  How do you handle thpse reports that need to be fleshed out so much?  Personally, I don't think he should be on VR since you need to add so many words that the pay rate becomes next to nothing for his reports.  Example: 71 year old. Followup. Pain. Arm. Flesh it out or leave it be?  ...

Spelling Versus Not Spelling
Feb 11, 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but a dictator can do too much spelling.  There is one at my company who spells out every single medication.  While this is normally helpful, this doctor's pronounciation leaves a little to be desired.  It would be much simpler for him to just say the name of the medication.  ...

Common Practice
Jan 11, 2012

Is is common practice if you are placed on hold to pay them back 3/4 of your pay?? Is everything out there like this? ...

Common Errors
Apr 12, 2012

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!  This is truly meant to be helpful, not snotty, threatening, or negative so I expect the same in return. Military time:  Lately I have seen a lot of reports where people are inserting colons in military time.  Colons are NOT used for military time unless the hour, minute, AND seconds are given.  If the CP states that time is transcribed "3:00 a.m." this is for "regular" time and not military time. Spacing:  TWO spaces after periods that end ...

DUH! COMMON SENSE TIP OF THE TIP
Jan 08, 2015

During your search for work, if you see a "transcription company" seeking one of us for immediate work due to falling desperaetly behind on contracts, check some of the MT forums. If MT's are trashing said "transcription company" and you see a lengthy, detailed defensive response from said "transcription company"; think......maybe the reason the said "transcription company" is behind on their contracts is because they are not utilizing someone, who has the time and ability to reply at great ...

Venting - Common Sense
Feb 24, 2011

I swear, these so-called intelligent doctors have no common sense at all.  Let's see how much noise we can have in the backgroun and talk as fast as we possibly can to see if the transcriptionist can get my dictaion right. This guy talks so fast I don't even know how he can get the words clearly out of his mouth, then he must have called someone on speaker phone because I can hear the phone ringing and ringing and ringing, and then his pager goes off which of course he pulls close ...

What Happened To Common Courtesy
Dec 22, 2011

I have a friend who had an accident last weekend, an MT, broke her right arm and right lower leg, she called and left a voice mail wtih her supervisor because she had no other way to contact her on the weekend.  She then called again Monday morning before going back for surgery on her leg and left another VR for the supervisor, her daughter followed up with an e-mail explaining what had happened and do you believe this company has not even acknowledge it, not even to say we are so sorry, ho ...

The Common Carotid Was Encircled With A
Mar 26, 2012

xx ...

Common Hyphen Error
Nov 03, 2012

I used to teach grammar and I now do MT work.  One of the most common hyphen errors lies in the short arm cast, long arm cast. This does not get hyphenated.  By hyphenating it (short-arm cast), one is actually stating there's also a long arm.  It's a short (or long) cast that is worn on the arm, not a cast for a short arm or a long arm.   ...

Oferax ? In Rt Common Femoral Artery
Oct 29, 2009

Wow!!!  This is an angiogram of carotids via femoral artery.......cannot find this anywhere!!! ...

Help!! OP Report S/l Vena Common Tantes Sm
Apr 27, 2010

Surgery report The ulnar nerve was freed up.  The 2 heads of the flexor carpi ulnaris were identified.  The "vena common tantes" were protected.  ?? I have no clue. ...

Common Bile Duct Exploration
Dec 15, 2011

This is for doing a common bile duct exploration:  The common bile duct is slightly enlarged.  No other s/l piditive obstructive lesions are demonstrated.    Thanks for any help! ...

Is It Common To Not Be Able To Meet Line Counts?
Feb 13, 2013

Is it common to not be able to meet line counts at Nuance? I have been there close to 3 months and cannot make my line count basically due to having some many ESLs and having to correct so many things in VR. Very frustrated!! ...

No Autocorrect Or Grammer Check - Is This Common?
May 17, 2014

Is it common to NOT have tab functions, auto correct, or a grammar checker on a  "transcription program".    We just got Inscribe and it is about as basic as it comes, not Word comparable - not even close - without tabs, Autocorrect or grammar check. I feel like I'm in the dark ages here.    ...

Copying Common In Electronic Medical Records Sm
Jan 05, 2013

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/copying-common-in-electronic-medical-records ...

*parasigna Rivalum* The Most Common Insidious Wing Scapula?? Thanx. Nm
Nov 22, 2011

nm ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

There Was Evidence Of A Prior Biliary Sphincterotomy And There Was A Patent Opening Into The Common
May 06, 2011

xx ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

Spelling Bee
Apr 22, 2010

I have just recently noticed a LOT of spelling going on.  Just now doc spelled Imuran and Toprol.  Yesterday it was simple things like "lingual."  It is on different accounts and by different doctors.  ...

S/l Zashia But Spelling For Sure?
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds so clear "Zashia" but the spelling is incorrect.  Does anyone have the correct spelling for this drug?  Thanks!!! ...

Cineangiocardiograms? Spelling?
Nov 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me if this spelling is correct?  Cannot find...sounds like "sin-E-angiocardiogram".  Thanks! ...

Which Is The Correct Spelling?
Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis or hemochromatosis ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...

Word And Spelling Help Please
Feb 25, 2010

I have checked about 6 online dictionaries and googled it and can not find spelling for s/l tympanonomoscopy.  Any ENT people out there who can confirm the spelling of this?  He is saying tym-pan-o-ma-scopy.  This is a toddler with possible otitis media (as most of you probably guessed). ...

Segway Spelling Please
Mar 14, 2010

This is coming up misspelled when I spell check it... does anyone know the correct spelling of segway meaning transition?  Thanks! ...

Spelling Of A Work
Aug 04, 2010

Is the spelling of the following word correct?  neurobiochemical ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

Word Spelling
Mar 29, 2011

Help!!  Is it written nonsurgically or non-surgically? ...