A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just screwed up a report - Big Time

Posted: Jun 10, 2013

It's gonna be a major or critical error for sure, so I am probably on my way out. It is an account that is 100% audited. In a way, it will be a relief if it happens. It will force me to look for something else.  Just makes me kinda sick to my stomach thinking about it, though.

If you know it happened - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
can you call your TSM and ask her to stop the report and reassign it to you, so you can fix the error?

No, wish I could! - It has already gone to QA

[ In Reply To ..]
and she fixed it, but showed me the error in QASAR or whatever it is called now. At least it didn't get to the client! Thanks for the thought, though!

I just QAd a report that had an oopsie in it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it was you. An accidental split? If an MME got it and fixed it, you have nothing to worry about. What an MME leaves doesn't count against you and is just feedback. As long as it wasn't audited by the QC like that or went to the client you are okay. We all make mistakes.

I have emailed mine - and had them fix things

[ In Reply To ..]
I've done that a few times in the past and my QC has fixed it and I never heard another word about it.

If it was any other account but this one, I - could probably do that.

[ In Reply To ..]
This one gets double audits, the final one by the QC and she scores every one of them and sends copies to TSM. Maybe I will get 2 weeks to improve. It's my own fault for not proofing better. I usually do.

oh well shake it off - maybe nothing will happen

[ In Reply To ..]
I've spent countless hours worrying about things that never happened.
Yeah, thanks - I am a chronic worrier
[ In Reply To ..]
but hopefully you're right :)

I know it is easier said than done - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
but try not to worry. The fact that you are on an account that double audits says a lot about your skill. Based just on your concern of the error, I would assume that you do not make many mistakes. With that in mind, I am sure they will choose to value your skills. Mistakes happen, if they really wanted to look for consistent critical errors, they need look no further than unedited ASR!

Sorry, not proof read.
Thanks, Dinosaur - :) (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

I Am Screwed With 6.1
Sep 03, 2010

When I am in an ASR report, I have been highlighting and then hit delete and put in the correct words/phrase and have been doing this for 2 years.  IT IS WRONG AND BEING TOLD NUMEROUS TIMES BY THE INSTRUCTOR IN THIS LEARNING OF THE 6.1 TO NOT DO IT!  So, I have to highlight and then type over correct word/phrase because if I hit delete key, backspace, etc., it will put in a skip marker which of course is WRONG! Probably get reprimanded by QA and hurt  QA production checks.  ...

I'm So Screwed
Aug 14, 2012

I've been an MT for 30 years.  I'm a good MT.  90% of my time, I've worked as an IC.  In the last few months, however, the companies I contracted with have had such an unpredictable ebb and flow of work that I decided maybe I should go with a company as an employee.  I was hired by Mmodal.  They were great.  CCM awesome.  Accounts great.  So what is the problem you wonder?  I can't work on a strict schedule.  I was supposed to ...

North Region Screwed Up
Jan 19, 2010

Ever since this merge, my primary has been out of work, hardly ever happened before.  Mine is out of work because they're getting mine because their's is out of work and viice versa.  Everything was fine before this merge, but you know if something is working at MQ, they'll screw it up.  It's pretty much like the old cesspool again.  I have many words I would like to use right now, but I'll get in trouble on here.  So I'll just leave it ...

Anyone Else Being Screwed Over By Serviss Transcription LLC?
May 10, 2010

You can read more info on what my experience was with this company as an IC by scrolling down to how MTs are supposed to protect themselves against fraudulent companies.... ...

Anybody With The Incentive This Weekend Get Screwed Over?
Oct 07, 2013

Our region had an incentive where if you worked a minimum of 3 hours overtime you would get an extra $10 an hour on top of OT pay.  Well, I put in an extra 3 hours  Friday morning.  Predictably there was NJA on Saturday during my shift, only for about an hour or so and since it was Saturday and my shift ends at midnight, I had to take PTO.  Per my manager, that PTO canceled out an hour of my 3 hours of OT, meaning I didn't get the inventive.  What a scam.  Let& ...

So Being Screwed By Landmark Payroll
Nov 26, 2014

With next to no warning they change payroll. First pay in December is tgiving week pay. iOS three days of pay.  Wonder if my bank will take that for my mortgage and good luck getting the kids Xmas gifts ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

BEWARE! LINE COUNT COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!
May 24, 2010

Read post below.   My whole week is off.  If you look at line count for each day, it shows it correctly.  If you go from the 16th to today, COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!!! ...

Screwed Again. More Lies. Transcend PTO Rate For End Of Year
Jan 12, 2013

Why even bother assuring us we would receive our Transcend PTO rate for that last period and then not honor it.   I still hear those words "this is an exciting time for Transcend."  Exciting?  This has turned into a nightmare. ...

Royally Screwed Up And Misinterpreted Tsm Instructions On A Stat
Jun 23, 2013

And totally not typing a 28 min report.  She said one thing, I did that but thought that was all I had to do.  Boy do I feel stupid.  This jobs pay may suck, but I still need it to pay bills etc.  Hope there isn't too much bad fall-out. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

VR Pay Per Report
Nov 26, 2009

I interview with a company and they pay per report for VR.  I haven't heard anyone talking that.  They pay 60 to 70 cents per report.  Is this good?  Feedback is appreciated.  Thanks guys!! ...

OR Report
Dec 10, 2009

Left injection with a (s/l arististan) and lidocaine. ...

I Am In SA5. Who Does My CCM Report To? Nm
Dec 15, 2009

EP Report
Jan 31, 2010

Review of her s/l EP report.  She did have a dual-chamber Medtronic Versa DR generator placed.  Anyone know what an EP report stands for?  ...

Report Look Up
Mar 11, 2010

My employee DEP number would never work.  Supervisor gave me a number (?) to use.  Now it says it has been "disabled" and to "contact system administrator."  Another winner MQ. ...

Why Not Report Them To The FTC?
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the link below.   Report their business practices: 1.  Failing to provide work for current employees while advertising for MORE employees. 2.  Failing to communicate. 3.  Making impossible standards for you to make your requirements and keep your hours without any work and forcing you to use your PTO. 4.  Management failing and outright refusing to respond to you. 5.  Squeezing your pay and benefit rates down in a consistent manner.   ht ...

Pay For Rad Report
Sep 09, 2010

Is $1.10 per rad report the going rate?  I have no idea at all whether this is decent pay.  Anyone know? ...

Op Report Help
Dec 11, 2010

The cephalic vein was identified and the ____ then developed distally to the deltoid attachment to the humerus.  (s/l "center")  Is that correct?? Also, Patient tolerated the procedure well and returned to _____ in satisfactory condition. (s/l "her room") Is that correct?? New at op reports so struggling a little. Thanks for the help. ...

The Use Of A Or An In A Report.
Dec 24, 2010

Can anyone state the rule for proper usage of a or an?  I know you use "a" when the noun you are referring to begins with a consonant and use "an" when the noun you are referring to begins with a vowel.  However, is there a rule that applies to usage of a or an when it pertains to the below?  This is an 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia - OR This is a 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia.  Thanks, bfp ...

MRI Report
Jan 25, 2011

(Patient with history of brain tumor.)  There are postsurgical changes with S/L some goliosis or subgoliosus  noted involving the caudal aspect of the anterior right temporal lobe extending from the right aspect of the suprasellar cistern. Thank you in advance... ...

This Report Needs An F11
Jun 11, 2011

This report badly needs to be wiped out and let me transcribe it from scratch.  Out of 3 lines ASR got 3 words correct - The, and, not - and it is over 600 seconds long.  Calgon, take me away, waaaay far awaaaaa!  C'mon lottery ticket.  Be nice to me tonight! ...

First Report Of The Day...
Aug 24, 2011

D:  bile duct stent placement of 7 French 7 cm. Is this typed correctly?  ...

ER Report
Oct 22, 2011

Overdose patient presents on a s/l PEER or PIER?? I think it is an abbreviation but cannot verify anywhere. Anyone have an idea? ...

Wow, Just QAd An ILP Report Where The ILP
Nov 29, 2011

Specifically: colour, odour, and fibre.  I guess we'll have to get used to reading that in our own hospital records when we have to start looking for errors that these ILPs are putting in. ...

I Got A Bad QA Report.
Jan 27, 2012

The company I work for is not real strict on QA but they do check it monthly.  I had usually gotten 99%, but the last time it was 97%.  They sent me a letter saying I needed to watch myself or there will be penalties and that my work will be closely monitored through December.  It is almost the end of January and I haven't heard anything else from them.    I have been under a lot of stress at home.  My husband is saying he wants a divo ...

H&P Report Help
Mar 26, 2012

Patient was given aspirin (___) vital signs on the floor were 90.4 farienheit, 101, 18, 122/69, 97% on room air.   Can someone help me make sense of this sentence? Thanks. ...

Pay Per IME Report
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know what a fair price per an IME report would be, say if it was maybe 3 pages in length?  Is it better to charge per page than by report? ...

Per Report Rad
Feb 06, 2013

Would any of the radiology transcription services out there please share what the going rate for per report charge for complicated rad reports, mainly CT and MR's would be? Converting over the current line charge these reports average $4.00 +/- a few. Out of curosity, what is the going per report charge for plain films? Although info welcomed on what experienced rad trans get, most specifically need to know what business owners charge the clients. Very strict short turnaround as well. An ...

EKG Report
Apr 01, 2013

sorry...  The sentence reads as follows:  "EKG from doctor's office revealed atrial flutter with a 2:1 block and nonspecific ST-T of ___ "  s/l Vavasse Next sentence has same word:  "EKG on arrival to the emergency room: Sinus rhythm with no acute ST-T ___".  This time is s/l it begins with an "R".   ugh! Thanks so much! ...