A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How can gross lph be more than net lph? - dnr

Posted: Feb 17, 2011

Got my ASR production report. My net lph is 100 lines greater than my gross lph. The definition of gross is the the total before any deductions. The definition of net is gross minus deductions. Good grief. This is my report from last week. Last week I really put my nose to the grind stone and gave it full effort in the hopes that it would be reflected in my count. Nada, nothing. My count was exactly the same as when I don't have my nose to the grind stone. They want your hand off the mouse because they think that is slower and it takes time to get your hands back on the keyboard. Well, many of the keyboard shortcuts take your hands away from the typing area, i.e., the keyboard, and, if you use just keyboard shortcuts, your hands/carpal tunnel will really be hurting. Ctl-Shift-arrow definitely takes my hands away from the center keyboard. With the mouse, I always have one hand on the center keyboard and just one hand to adjust back on the keyboard. And then there is the time labeled "reduce distractions affecting inactive time". Hey, I spend my "inactive time" checking facts on the internet and also (unjustly IMO) checking the hospital's online doctor directory because the database is wrong! And then, I need to send a note to the CCM to correct it so I won't have to go through that malarkey again. I need to do a minimum of 250 lph to at least pay the rent (which I am not doing now, and am deep pucky this month as far as the rent goes - I run out of backup funds). To anyone doing at least 250 lph, how do you do it? Are you doing it on accounts that often require 3-5 corrections per line in 3-5 different places in the line? Heck, with some reports, I use up all my time just formatting per the client profile - adding headings, deleting erroneous headings, paragraphing according to the profile.

net versus gross - what it means

[ In Reply To ..]
Gross means actual and net just means with something taken out of it or adjusted (in this case your inactive time was taken out). For example

your gross lines is the amount you typed per hour including when you weren't actually typing. Your true average lph.

your net lines are basically what you would make if you typed the entire time with no pauses. They did not figure in the inactive time. So, obviously, this number would be greater.

LPH production ASR versus Transcription - Working MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My take: The initial "study group" when they were paid their full amount for transcription and ASR when they were experimenting with it basically cheated. It can be the only way that this company thinks anyone can produce 500 lines per hour or more. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to do this correctly. If we are to LISTEN TO THE WHOLE REPORT as instructed, you can only put the speed up so fast or the voice is totally distorted, so you can only read and correct as fast as the audio can go without being distorted and basically it is NO FASTER than transcription for someone like me who could type as fast as people were speaking. I have also found that for some reason even if I put the speed up as fast as it will go with a lot of dictators it is still too slow to get anywhere fast. SOOOO---If anyone out there is producing major lines, I can gaurantee you that they are NOT LISTENING to the whole report but reading and editing and only listening where THEY THINK there might be a mistake and this is why there are so many doctors upset with their dictation because most of the ASR is not being edited correctly because MT just want to make money are are taking short cuts to do it, and I for one being an MT of 20 years cant bring myself to do this, so I listen to the whole report and change everything and do find that if I hadn't there would have been many things missed. I too can only produce about 250 lpH at max because of all my research and listening to the whole report.

To: Working MT - naturegal

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you totally. They don't take all of the variables that you described because it is not to their advantage, but they sure will come up with the variables that do fit their agenda and that is just wrong on so many levels -- nothing new that we haven't witnessed before about the Q because they are only interested in $$$ and may profess to care about quality, but bottom line $$$ outweighs that. So shame on them for not being concerned about a quality report for the patient.

Similar Messages:

VR Gross Out
Jun 19, 2010

Ironically, the VR put in exactly what it sounded like. VR:  "...then had a significant episode of diarrhea, several cups in the mouth." I changed it to 'in amount' Dontcha love accents!! ...

Gross Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

How are supposed to determine our gross pay from our pay stubs?  I'm in the process of filling out an application that asks for my gross pay, and I franky don't know.  I can't even tell if I'm getting minimum wage for my state. ...

Gross
Mar 20, 2014

I just had a speaker burp and didn't say "Excuse me." The things we put up with as an MT. ...

What Is Our Gross Pay?
Dec 17, 2014

On the new pay grid, it's broken down and then it says total compensable lines and then a dollar amount. Is that dollar amount the pay for the week? If so mine is like $200 lower than usual. I hope I'm reading this wrong. ...

Gross Encolongitis?
Sep 08, 2010

P-ANCAs are seen in autoimmune GI diseases such as autoimmune hepatitis, s/l "gross encolongitis" and inflammatory bowel disease.  I cannot find anything close online, so I'm assuming I'm way off...any ideas? ...

4.5 Cpl For A Gross Line?
Aug 19, 2012

Considering taking a new job but wondering if I'd be getting screwed.  Owner is offering 4.5 cpl for a gross line, and they use the line count function in Word to count their lines.  On the sample test document they have their margins stretched about as far as they can go.  I make 8 cpl right now on a 65 character line, typing in Word, and by the formula I'm paid by now it looks like 4.5 cpl would be almost half of what I'm making now for the same document.  Ow ...

Gross, Disgusting And Abusive
Jun 16, 2011

Just typed a report that I can honestly say is probably the most disgusting dictation I have ever done in 30 years.  Dictator (ha ha - joke!) was chomping very loudly on chips, rustling bag and sucking and sloberring.  If I were talking to a person doing that I would walk away so fast she would choke on her own slobber.   Listening to it is abuse in my opinion. ...

C5-T1 Gross ___ Sensation Is Intact
Dec 07, 2012

C5-T1 gross ___ sensation is intact ...

Paying By Gross Line
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line? ...

Gross Versus Custom Lines
Jan 29, 2013

There Were 8 Through-and-through Injuries Of Th Small Bowel With Gross Spillage
May 10, 2010

of s/l "suck-a-sue-tericus" throughout the perintoneum.  ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

What Does "LIAL" Stand For In Relation To Gross Line Rate?
Apr 08, 2011

There is an ad on the job board paying by the gross line with the initials LIAL in parentheses after the words "gross line."  What does this mean? ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...