A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does email notification make your heart race? - MTTX

Posted: Apr 01, 2014

While in a report feeling I am doing pretty well, when that email notification goes off in my headphones, my heart starts to race and I know my blood pressure goes up. I dread clicking the email icon and seeing a failed audit email. Even when it is just junk mail (I classify everything from MModal in that group), it takes a few minutes for me to feel back to normal. I also hate turning on my work computer after my days off for the same reason. I don't want to read my emails. Looking for another job, but haven't found anything yet.

YES ... I can totally relate - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have any bells or buzzers that go off when I get an email but I keep my email up on my desk top all day while I work and periodically check it between reports. If I have an email waiting there is a red colored number next to my inbox for each email waiting. Every time I see a red number my heart starts pounding but when I see it's a mass email from corporate or AHDI a flood of relief comes over me.

I honestly never thought I would come to hate red numbers so much in my life.

That is because they have us conditioned that all email is bad - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
When was the last time you actually got a good email? Something along the lines of - You are receiving a raise or thank you for your hard work or good job on your last audit? Never? This company is all stick and no carrot, therefore when we get an email we automatically assume it is bad. A pay cut, mandatory shift of hours, raising the quality percentage, failed audit, etc. Either that or the email does not pertain to us (why do we care what celebration India had in their office or what account Mmodal picked up?) Even when they try to send a good email (like the tiny match of 401K or new email system) they end up making it bad anyway (email system not working half the time and only matching once a year if that).

So to answer your question, no it does not make my heart race, it is just disheartening that all Mmodal email has to be negative. Catch more flies with honey and all that. I consider myself a positive person but apparently the management dwells on the negative.

See my post a good day at mmodal - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really sorry I am not alone in the misery here. I hate the way they treat us. A DOG gets treated better. Keep smacking my nose with a paper and all you get is negative results. I sit here in tears, trying to figure out how to save EVERYTHING I worked for over the years, yet still try to work and to achieve an unobtainable goal. The only saving grace I have is..My kids have moved out and have jobs, so the loss of my house will only affect me and my dogs.

Not only that, but - even after you (hopefully)

[ In Reply To ..]
escape from MM,you will likely still have dread even from a good new job. I haven't worked at MM now for several months and still feel queasy every time I get ready to work. PTSD. I may need years of therapy to get over it.

Same Here - Lost

[ In Reply To ..]
I was forced to work 3-11 and I check my computer almost as soon as my eyes open and 2-3 times before I work as I know the bad news is coming. I failed my last audit and I am afraid of losing my job and consequently my house. I already lost my car when the huge pay cut came about 5 years ago. You're right about it being only bad news. That is all we have had for 6 years or so. What happened to the company that I left my 9-5 Mon-Fri, no weekend or holiday job for 15 years ago?

e-mail - molleycat

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't bother to read my emails anymore. I just delete them or save them in a file just in case. I refuse to think about this place on my days off or when I'm not working period. I do the best I can with the crap I'm given and if they don't like it, well if I haven't quit already, then they can fire me. As one of the docs dictated a couple of weeks ago, "I don't given" and that's a direct quote. If they don't care why should I

Similar Messages:

For TTIMEDX People Trying To Get A Notification Of An Email (sm)
Jan 14, 2015

I just went into the email and checked options.  It tells you how to do it, but you must have Javascript, and I don't have it, and I'm not installing it.  So I guess that's that for me. ...

Paperless Pay Notification
Oct 01, 2012

Anyone see the corrected e-mail.  The paperless pay stub notification was meant for corporate employees only and was sent to MTs in error.  So, I guess we (MTs) will continue to get hardcopy paper pay stubs in mail except for those who chose otherwise. ...

Notification Priority
Mar 20, 2014

I bet they are notifying all denials first, and THEN the acceptees! ...

Teamwork Notification Report?
Mar 27, 2012

Just got one.... what is it? ...

MModal Bankruptcy Notification
Apr 03, 2014

I also just received the notice of the MModal bankruptcy.  What I'm worried about are the words, "A discharge means that you are barred from attempting to collect your debt from the Debtors..."   Does that mean they won't have to pay us what we worked for once the bankruptcy goes through?  ...

Did Anyone Receive Notification Of Their Benefit Rate?
Aug 19, 2011

Did anyone receive notification of their benefit rate?  The email send out in July said we were supposed to be notified no later than July 20 of our new benefit rate.  I have never received any information.  Thanks. ...

New Specs Posted On Fiesa With NO Notification. Previous
Oct 18, 2014

...I suppose because I said the account names. So, here goes, large city account in CT, and small city outside Seattle. Supe is LG on the AB (COM) team. Found these new specs on 10/15 and have no idea what the changes are because we were never even told about them. Heads up, folks! ...

Spartan Raise Or Spartan Race ?
Aug 12, 2014

Ependymoma of the fourth ventricle.  In June, he was treated for a "spartan raise" and had increased headaches, as well as dizziness and tinnitus.  After the "raise or race", these did not improve.  ...

I Think The "notification Writer" Has Gone To Lunch ...
Mar 20, 2014

Things seem to have quieted down a little with the notifications, and that would correspond to lunch time on the east coast ... LOL.  Either that, or they're busy dreaming up new notification criteria.  :) ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Wonder If We'll Get An "offiicial" Notification About All Of These Changes.
Oct 27, 2014

Or are they afraid to put it in writing.  ...

Heart
May 30, 2010

Please help with following. It sounds like sections of the heart "kilae" is marked hypertrophy. Also, myocardial fibers show only a thin shell with a "Day O" vacuolated cytoplasm.   ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Heart Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

"Cardiovascular exam was tachycardiac. No s/l meals or an ST. No murmurs or gallops were appreciated." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Heart Examination
Mar 15, 2010

Heart exam, doctor dictates: "Heart: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex"  I don't understand the connection between "2" and "clicks" or what punctuation to use?? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!   ...

Heart Clicks? Again...
Mar 16, 2010

Posted this yesterday, but wanted to see if anyone else might know... HEART: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex. (or 2: Clicks heard at the apex?) He says "2" like number 2, as if he dictated number 1- which he obviously didn't. Is there such a thing as 2 clicks heard at the apex??       ...

Heart: AP S1, S2 Somewhat Irregular?
Jun 05, 2010

I think she is saying "Heart AP" but I can not figure out what is meant by AP? Any suggestions, I am at a loss. =( ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...

Warms My Heart
Jul 27, 2010

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES THAT WRITE ON MT STARS SAYING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE TRANSCRIPTION THEN PLEASE DON’T APPLIY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT FOR US!          Someone has already critiqued the ad post, but I have to offer up kudos for the comment above.  WHINERS NEED NOT APPLY should become part of ALL help-wanted ads! ...

Heart Problems
Aug 31, 2010

"She had some abnormal rhythms with SVT and s/l "barrency" intermittently.  This self resolved." This doc is heavy ESL (but with a deliightful Spanish lilt to her voice) so I'm not sure what "barrency" might be. Variancy? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   ...

Heart Catheterization
Sep 30, 2010

Right heart catheterization right atrial pressure of 34.  s/l R pressure was 90/36 mmHg. ...

Heart Rate
Jan 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of "irregular regular irregular" heart rate?  I thought it was "regular irregular".    ...

Heart Cath
Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like "RBU 4 to 6-French guide catheter" or maybe "RBU4 6-French guide catheter" Dictates it so fast I can't tell what is going on here.  TIA!!! ...

HAART Not Heart
Sep 29, 2012

I was searching reports to look up how a doctor dictates and came across..patient has HIV and is on heart medications.  Come on, people, ALL transcriptionists should know HIV patients get HAART treatment.  Unbelieveable.  I would not be surprised if we lose this contrast due to stupid mistakes like that. ...

Heart Word
Nov 05, 2012

There is a s/l KEY-ard network noted in the right atrium ...

2nd Or Second Heart Sound
Mar 07, 2013

I should know this, but when typing out a physical exam, is it 2nd heart sound or second heart sound, or 1st heart sound or first heart sound, etc.  Thanks for the help. ...