A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sleep Transcribing... - tabbymt

Posted: May 18, 2012

I just did that. I was just so tired that I just transcribed a whole 4 minute job while doing what I think was sleeping. If felt good so it must have been some kind of sleep. I was saved by the phone. My husband called and woke me up and I looked up at the screen and it was an utter mess! I repeated lines over and over and typed gibberish. I went even as far and complex to hold down the shift key for brackets. I don't know why I did that when I didn't even need them. I'm still wondering how I even did it. I actually have to redo this job but I was in such awe that I had to share this first. I was so lucky that I didn't upload this! This account has an absolute ZERO TOLERANCE policy and if you mess it up then you are fired on the spot. Whew! Okay so now I am going to take a breath, pinch myself every couple seconds to stay awake and try to get through the next few hours! Wish me luck!

I have done that before - overworked and underpaid

[ In Reply To ..]
It is amazing what your brain and body will do while you are asleep. Just be glad you were not driving or cooking! Turn a fan on, the breeze helps to keep you away, at least it does for me.

I think that's actually pretty cool! LOL! I've dozed - off at the keyboard, and sometimes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
dreamed that I was transcribing, but never actually done it while asleep. What happens to me (usually doing VR editing), is I will suddenly stop typing, stare at the keyboard a second or two, then the next thing I know, I'm sort of startling back awake. Sometimes I'll even have very short little beginnings of dreams.

If nothing else, I guess it teaches us never to get behind the wheel of a car when we get that tired!

Autopilot - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
I've done that too. It is more of a trance from exhaustion or sheer boredom. I pop out of it and haven't the foggiest idea what I just typed.

I've done it many, many times - PJM

[ In Reply To ..]
Working third shift all the time gets the best of my lots of times. I have done it so many times I can't even count it. One particular instance I was typing along and dozed off and I remember having I guess a short dream of my husband in a store picking up some beer, and when I opened up my eyes and looked at the screen I had typed beer. lol And then there are other times it's just complete gibberish, just words that don't make any sense. I'm amazed our fingers keep going. It's an odd feeling, but neat at the same time.

Similar Messages:

Stage II Sleep
Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep? ...

Sleep Medication
Jan 15, 2010

I think... It s/l "serac" maybe? couldn't find anything on something like that.   thanks for any ideas! ...

Sleep Apnea
Mar 30, 2011

The patient has sleep apnea and doc says probably have to come back for s/l refeeding and possible face mask and pressure use.    Could be repeat, but did not know if the term refeeding is relevant to sleep apnea ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

Sleep Apnea Word
Sep 15, 2010

"The patient has sleep apnea.  She states she is wearing a mask and is on...... " It sounds like "homo 2" ? Any ideas ?? Thank you !!   ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Aug 20, 2013

He does have obstructive sleep apnea with s/l low gas strains per factor. ...

S/l Epfor Score Has To Do With Sleep Apnea?
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

Sleep Study Paramater Studied: (s/l) MM8
Feb 18, 2010

On a sleep study/pulmonary somnography report, under the heading "Paramaters Studied" the doctor says "MM8."  Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be MM-VIII or other ?  I can't find anything on this with googling.   Thanks. ...

Sleep Apnea Because Of Mexican Friends?
Apr 12, 2012

Doing a consultation in which the doctor is trying to figure out if the patient's has sleep apnea.  He says a list of reasons: "...history of elevated body mass index, snoring, large Mexican friends and hypertension." I'm sure he can't actually be saying large Mexican friends, but I can't hear anything else! ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

What Would Sleep Apnea Go Under For Review Of Systems? Cardio Maybe??
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Drug S/l Ju-ca-sade Pt Has History Of Sleep Apnea, Osteopenia
Jul 14, 2010

fibromyalgia, prediabetic, anxiety, depression, hypothyroidism, weak bladder and stomach irritation.  Thanks! ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

COPD, Obesity, Sleep Apnea, With Subsequent Problems Of S/l "piklookian
Jun 04, 2010

Patient with multiple problems  - COPD, obesity, sleep apnea, with subsequent problems of s/l "piklookian" syndrome and pulmonary hypertension. ...

When I Am Transcribing
May 06, 2010

that sound that sounds like an old-fashioned bicycle horn, you know the one with a bulb on it? ...

Transcribing From A DVD
May 12, 2010

I am going to receive 2 DVDs from a client containing focus group videos. I use Express Scribe for my clients. I have never transcribed a DVD and am wondering if there is a way to use Express Scribe for this. Researched this and found no helpful info. Has anyone done this, or is there another free program that I can use for this? Thanks. Lynn ...

Transcribing With VR
Feb 29, 2012

This might be considered controversial, but has any MT out there used a VR program to "transcribe" dictation instead of actually using a keyboard to transcribe?  So I am not misunderstood, I'll be very literal here:  As the MT, you listen to the dictation and instead of typing it out, you speak what you are hearing into a VR program on your computer to produce the "transcribed" report.  I can't be the only one out here who has thought of this and the only reason I can co ...

Need Help Transcribing
Feb 05, 2013

Physician says "abdomen soft; non-tender; non-distended; no "rawls" - how is this "rawls" supposed to be spelled out? Thanks in advance! - sam ...

Are We All OOW Because The QCs Are Transcribing Now?
Feb 26, 2015

I wouldn't put anything past them. It might even get worse when the QCs start receiving production pay. ...

Transcribing
Apr 21, 2015

I'm sorry, I need to blow off some steam and perhaps those who have their own accounts could shed some light.  I have been an MT for a very long time and in the past, what an MT did was TRANSCRIBE.  We didn't follow account specs or change sentences, etc.  Why has the MT industry come to this and why do the MTSO owners agree to this?  I don't mind at all fixing broken English, because I understand that process, but changing what a doctor says, because it's ...

QC Transcribing
Apr 22, 2015

Is there any way to find the QC ID# to see if they are transcribing on my account?  Just wondering because there were apparently a large number of people transcribing on my acct in the last few hours yet when I come on to work there is no work.  Just wondering. ...

Transcribing An Appendectomy
Feb 06, 2010

Doctor dictates:  "The small bowel was viable.  The * were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable." It sounds like:  The area condition zones??? were carefully inspected and felt to be entirely viable. Thanks for any help! ...

Transcribing Machines
Jun 28, 2010

I am working on a course in medical transcription and I am at the point where I should get a transcribing unit where can I price them and which ones should I look to buy.  My course is sent to me on CD's. Thank you for your imput. ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Cardiac Transcribing
Jul 14, 2010

Diffuse athrosclerotic disease without clinical evidence of coronary artery disease ...

Does Anyone Else Use Earbuds For Transcribing?
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone else use ear buds for transcribing?  I am using Ipod ear buds and the sound quality is very good but they keep falling out of my ear, especially my left one.  Does anyone have any suggestions for ear buds that they have used?  Also, does anyone know why the search function has changed?  It is possible to still search the boards?  I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks! ...

Transcribing While Traveling
Nov 18, 2010

Hi, I would like to travel occassionally with my husband and still work while doing that.  Does anyone work while traveling down the road.  No airline involved, just strictly vehicle travel.  If so, what setup do you use to stay connected to the internet? Thanks, LC ...