A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radio ad for an MT seminar promising - OhioMT

Posted: Sep 20, 2011

better wages than most people make (yeah right - maybe 10 years ago!), set your own hours (ha ha!) and every weekend off (how many MTSOs really let you do that!). I am tempted to attend just to see how bad they lead these people on. 

radio ad - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
When I hear those ads I get so angry. I would love to call up the station and tell them it is false advertising but then I chicken out.

False Adv - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not the radio station doing the false advertising, but the MT schools holding the seminar and MT schools in general lie to naive up in coming MT students. Trade schools in general lie to get the students in.

I only know of one school that holds "seminars" nation-wide - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Can you tell me what school that is? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Nation-Wide Seminars? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe there is a school that holds lots of seminars and has for years. They are the only ones I know who do. Let me know if I'm mistaken about that. There's nothing wrong with seminars though. I personally don't go anywhere when the goal is to get me to sign a contract and pay money (high-pressure sales), but evidently plenty of people do.
Sure, there is plenty wrong with the seminars - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
if they promote what they cannot deliver--a decent MT education that will get people a job, or at least an interview--or adequately prepare them for the job once they get it.

OhioMT - Tired of them all

[ In Reply To ..]
It's probably one of these "institutes" that advertise in the women's magazines. They are just matchbooks wrapped up in advertising copy. Feh.

promises - jane

[ In Reply To ..]
old saying "promises are like piecrust, made to be broken...."

Similar Messages:

MT Seminar
May 06, 2011

On hold today with my son's doctor's office, had a local radio station on and half caught a commercial for one of those "Come to this hotel to learn about becoming a medical transcriptionist."  Did not get the whole thing but was thinking I should turn on the station and listen until I hear it again then show up and wait outside for people to show up with a sign that says "Learn all about the medical transcription field for free!"  I used to love my job but it's been 10 ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

Promising Job?
Oct 23, 2013

http://www.fftranscription.com/join-team.html  ...

MT Schools Promising Big Bucks
Feb 25, 2012

First, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to be negative about this in any way and wish any new MT success. However, with this profession dying like it is and even very experienced MTs just trying to eke out even $10 an hour . . . It really aggravates me all of these MT schools and courses trying to suck innocent people in with their high tuition costs, etc. The fact is that nowadays it is akin to going and paying x amount of money to go work for $10 or less an hour. These schools/c ...

M*Modal Promising Me Big $$! They Need To Stop! LOL!
Apr 08, 2014

Okay, I'm about to get irritated with M*Modal.  Being laid off in Sept. due to M*Modal getting our accounts.  I think most of you have followed my story here lately so you know the scoop. Anyway, none of us are going to apply with MM, but MM will no take no for an answer!  They have asked us at least on 5 different occasions to test with them! Each time they say hurry, hurry so you can reserve your spot!  I cannot help but think of graveyard plot when they say that. ...

Just Curious, Which Kind Of TATs Are The MTSOs Promising
Feb 07, 2010

I remember in the late 90s, an op report at my company was 12 hours, a discharge summary was 48 hours.  I think H&Ps were even 8-12 hours; if there was one that was truly stat the hospital would call and it would be done sooner.  We were told the TATs and we watched out for them as a team (back when "team" really meant a respectful working relationship between the MTSO and the company).   ...

Really?! Do You HAVE To Listen To The Radio While Dictating?
Nov 11, 2010

Honestly, this Dr. is always listening to the radio when he is doing his reports and it is up LOUD. So of course, since I do VRE, I have to delete TONS of song lyrics from every report he does. Can he seriously not live without his terrible 80's soft rock for 10 minutes?!   ...

Heard On The Radio Last Night...
May 10, 2012

that sitting all day is probably just as bad for you as smoking or being obese.  The good news is that even just standing up about every 20 minutes or so is beneficial to ward off the bad effects.   ...

Ugh, I Wonder Why We Have Been On 'radio Silence' For DAYS Now.
Mar 30, 2015

x ...

Radio MTME Now Taking Your Requests
Aug 25, 2010

Hey there guys and gals and welcome to another listening day at MTME the voice of transcription!  Here's our first dedication from "are you kidding me I just signed on and there are NJA???" out of Kansas City who wants to hear:  "I've done everything for you, you've done nothing for me" by Rick Springfield!  (feel free to call in your dedications to the Q, taking them 24/7!!)  ...

Haha....so I'm Listening To The Oldies Radio While I'm Working.....
Jun 03, 2013

.....and guess what song comes on......"Get a Job" LOL!!!! ...

RE: The "Care Quality" Seminar I Had To Take -
Jan 27, 2015

(this is said sarcastically, as I only have 15 years' experience and who I am referring to ahead has quite a bit more and was in the same seminar).....There was a lady (name starts with R) in the seminar who, rightly so, didn't believe she deserved to be there and was obviously a bit upset.  She went on to tell the host that she has 60 years' experience in MT (I guess that makes her at least 80?) and a bachelor's degree in English.  She was upset that her ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Anyone Else Experiencing "radio Silence" From...s/m
Jul 24, 2014

the alphabet soup folks (HDS, PC, etc)? Have not heard a peep from them about anything, and, for awhile, every day we were getting updates and stats, etc. Just curious. ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...