A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone enrolled in the PCIP Health Ins Plan? - sm please

Posted: Aug 29, 2011

Am just curious, is anyone currently enrolled in this?  Do you feel it's a good deal?  I haven't had health insurance in about 10 years and looked into this.  For where I live (NV) and my age (46) it's $260/mo with a $3000/$2000 deductable.  For $350/mo it's a $1,000/$1500 deductible.  For either plan it's 80/20 with an OOP cap of $5950.00, then it's 100% paid.  Co-pay for either plan is $25.  They have a pretty extensive provider list (at least here), with my doctors of choice on there :)  Am excited that I just may be able to get my shoulder/neck fixed YAY LOL

Here's the link... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.pciplan.com/providersearch/index.asp

I'm confused, are you promoting this? - why a link? you said it all.

[ In Reply To ..]
??

By the way, never heard of it.

It sounds like the OP is asking about it - that's why - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because someone provides a link to something doesn't mean they are promoting it. The OP asked about it and the poster was kind enough to find a like for them.
I took "sm" as "sm" instead of sm1 and sm2 - sounds like cat in the hat
[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

I'm the OP... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also provided the link because I forgot to put it in the first post and felt it would be more beneficial if I put a link so you all could see for yourself - maybe it's something you can use, maybe not. I was just trying to help my fellow transcriptionists who may not be able to afford insurance or get denied because of pre-existing conditions. No hidden agenda here.

Not promoting it, just trying to share something positive for once, because this board is definitely full of negatives :(

For those who've been denied due to preexisting - Hot and Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I hadn't heard of it either until several months ago. It wasn't much publicized. I found it when after being dropped and denied health insurance, I in desperation googled preexisting condition health insurance, not really expecting to find anything and certainly nothing affordable. Mine's more expensive than yours but still half of anything else I'd received info on, plus no waiting period. It's part of Health Care Reform, a bridge until 2014 when HCR/Affordable Care Act takes full effect and no one can be denied for preexisting conditions. In some states the PCIPs are fed admin'd and some are state admin'd. The one I have is fed, and I think it's pretty good with a large network of providers. If it weren't for this plan, my ashes would probably be in an urn by now - not kidding.

Similar Messages:

What Do You ICs Do For Health Ins? What Is The Best Plan?
Nov 14, 2013

x ...

Does Anyone Have Health Insurance Plan That Is A Bit More Reasonable?
Dec 02, 2012

I'm a poor, struggling medical transcriptionist, as most of us are. I'm six years away from receiving Medicare benefits and have been struggling to pay medical insurance the last few years. I just found out my premiums are going up from $256 to $308 monthly starting Jan. 2013. This insurance is not great, does not even pay for x-rays.  Does anyone have an insurance plan that is a bit more reasonable? I am not young, but do  not have any pre-existing conditions and really don't u ...

Got Letter From My MTSOs Health Plan...SM
Jul 22, 2014

that they will be sending my MTSO a premium rebate that can be distributed by either lower future premiums or with a cash rebate.  The letter says we have to ask them how much they are getting for a rebate (good luck getting an answer to that question) and how they are going to be doing the distribution.  Anybody else get a letter like this?  Apparently, this is part of the ACA and is called the MLR (medical loss ratio).` ...

Question To AP Employees With The Health Plan
Jan 30, 2015

I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on this.  Does anyone getting the limited health plan know if the plan satifies the ACA requirements?  eg.  Am I required to buy another plan and am I eligible for subsidies?  I keep getting conflicting answers.  It doesn't help that the help sites say all "employer based coverage" counts.   But It seems like this is an "excepted benefit."  Also, they sent that form that says full time employees have m ...

Just Enrolled At Andrews!
May 11, 2010

Okay, so after much debate and research, I enrolled in Andrews course for coding yesterday! :)  Now I'm just waiting for my materials to arrive, reading over my 1st set of instructions, and trying to navigate my way through loads of information on the student forum.  All I can say is WOW.  I think this course is going to be wonderful and very challenging.  I'm actually a bit overwhelmed at the moment! LOL!  But I'm excited!     ...

I Did It! I Enrolled In Andrews
Mar 05, 2012

for medical coding. I'm excited and a little nervous. Looking forward to getting started. ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

I Finally Enrolled At Andrews Today!
Aug 01, 2012

I am so excited, although I must admit that I'm just a little nervous about going back to school after 26 years in this field. I know it won't be easy but I am confident I can do it. I can hardly wait to get my books and get to studying! ...

Nuance Auto-enrolled Me In Their 401K...sm
Jan 03, 2014

Probity employee swallowed up by Nuance.  Got a letter in the mail from Fidelity Investments confirming my enrollment in the Nuance 401K.  Only problem, I didn't request nor authorize the enrollment and these jerks gave Fidelity all my personal information including my social security number.  Who knows who has my information now?  With identity theft rampant, these idiots hand it out to just anybody. I am spitting nails and considering a consultation with a lawyer.&nbs ...

Thanks Everyone On Here For Their Advice... I Enrolled In A Course Today! Can't Wait To Start.
Dec 01, 2010

I chose Andrews because I feel it will prepare me the best.  I like their format and their style of teaching.  I feel it is the best match.  Thanks again everyone!!!! ...

I DID IT! I Enrolled In DeVry University! I'm Pretty Excited Too.
Apr 03, 2012

I have been talking about going back to school for years now.  Then I did the whole researching of schools and still couldn't make the decision.  Well, last week was the worst week of my life.  I got fired from my main job, by main I mean the one I carried my benefits through (I always have 2 jobs because of the precarious nature of our the MT industry).  My 19-year-old son took my car in the middle of the night while I was asleep without asking and totalled it.  S ...

Well, I Did It. I Enrolled For Summer Semester. I Am Entering The Rad Tech Program At My Local Col
Apr 13, 2010

After years of thinking about going back to school and then talking myself out of it because I didn't want to face college again at age 40, I decided I need more job security, better pay and growth potential.  So I filled out the financial aid forms, enrolled in a couple of classes for the summer, and here I go.  I'm a little nervous actually.  Been a loooooonnng while since I sat in a classroom, took notes, and took exams.  My retention isn't wh ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Anyone Here Have UHC HRA Plan?
Oct 01, 2012

I'm just curious as to how it works, as I may have to sign up for it at the end of the year.  How does the HRA account work and how do you get access to the funds when you need them?  I think I understand everything beyond that.  Just curious how the account is set up and how to get access to it.  ...

This Is My Plan-
Aug 28, 2013

I will check for work during my schedule. Work it if possible, if not, just use the no wrk excused absence comment. I am not going to work around the clock to try and make it up. Ridiculous. If you want to, that is okay, but seems crazy to ask people to do this.  Why don't the supervisors/TSMs have a call about this. We get an email, but never anyone to tell us directly about a change. I just cannot believe that they expect employees to try and make up the time. ...

New Pay Plan...cant We....sm
Oct 15, 2014

Cant we all write the guys who are on the e-mail we all got if in fact this turns out to be something bad? Flood their emails and desks? Ya know its too bad we cant get together 500+ MLS and go on strike... I would do it. If a ton of us went on strike and demanded fair wages and changes, with noone typing their reports for 48+ hours I think they'd listen. It kind of sounds like the pay will be the same even if they lower the base..... b/c if they lower the base rate but you get a tad extra ...

New Pay Plan...? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

Sounds like they are taking out the LPH requirements? Or am I the only 1 thinking this? Sounds like they take out the requirement for LPH. Now your lines may drop due to focusing more on QA/blanks/rereading,etc.  Normally that would lower your lines and lower your pay. Now it will lower your lines BUT you will send less to Q and have less mistakes so your pay will ultimately stay the same. This is how I am taking all of this. The only thing I am not getting is if we are going to have a base ...

New Pay Plan
Nov 30, 2014

Been thinking about this, and it's obvious we are all pretty much sunk. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post any info on getting financial assistance to learn another trade/skill. Am thinking pharmacy tech or medical assistant. Seems to me there is a government program that may help out with tuition/expenses, but cannot remember what it's called. Thanks in advance.   ...

The Plan
Dec 06, 2014

My son, who has a Master's Degree in Math, took a look at the 7-page explanation of the new compensation plan.   He said it was very confusing.  What the  ?    Not even a math expert can understand it?   Really?  I'm at a loss ;( ...

Even Though I Will Do Well With This New Pay Plan,
Dec 13, 2014

The abuse and the stress have gone beyond the pale. The people who put together this pay plan have no idea what it is like to work in the trenches. We have taken pride in our work and have loved the field of medical transcription, but they have made us hate it. They have caused us to make more mistakes. We are not focused on what we are doing at any given moment; we are focused on our overall scores and thinking about how we're going to make enough money to buy winter boots for our children ...

New Changes In Pay Plan
Feb 09, 2015

Did anybody get the email about the changes they are making.  We have longer time to request a reversal (big deal - they never approve them so really????) and now they can QA us for our 2 weeks rather than our 1 weeks which in my  opininon just gives them more time to pick apart which ones they want to check and find their errors to total up!!!  That is great idea. ...

New PTO Plan?
Feb 10, 2015

I thought they were going to roll out a new PTO plan first of the year? ...

New PTO Plan
Jun 09, 2015

Was told in a conference call a while back that they would revamping the PTO plan and would release or announce it on June 1.  Had not heard anything from my supervisor.  I know she said they would implement a buy back plan and that was all she knew.  Has any one else heard what further fun and games Nuisance has in store regarding our PTO?  And since I am asking, do you think they will mess with our 401(k) -- like no longer doing partially matching contributions? Counting t ...

Assessment And Plan Q
Oct 20, 2009

I have a dictator will dictate the Assessment/Plan with a number for the problem and a letter for the plan (1.  Gout.  A. Labs in the morning.  B.  Medication, 2.   Etc.  A. B., 3. A.)  I have always just ignored the letters she gives me and not put them, but I was wondering today if I am suppose to.  It is not a verbatim account and I never got in trouble for not putting them.  I tried looking this up in AAMT BOS but maybe I am not looking right ...

Help With Backup Plan
Dec 11, 2010

I hope someone can help me.  I know I need to back up my files (especially my work files, SH, etc.)  I see ads on TV about back up options, I have heard of other ways to do this as well, like an external drive.  My dilemma is that I don't know which is the best way to do this.  I have a Dell computer and every so often a box comes up and says backup not done.  I never click on it.  Does this mean I should have make a disk with everyone on it that I wa ...

PTO With Pay Plan Question
Dec 30, 2010

Does anyone know if the PTO we see as of today in teamwork is the correct remaining PTO for the rest of the year?  I was not sure if the pto we used previously in the period ending 12/26 is reflected in the current PTO in teamwork yet.   This is confusing me since we will get a 12/31 paycheck.  I know pto will not accumulate until next year but it looks like to me I did not lose any PTO even since taking a few hours ending the 26th.  any clues out there?  ...

Assessment And Plan
Jan 11, 2011

anyone hear of "SMACK" on the assessment and plan of a PE? ...

A TARE Plan?
Aug 02, 2011

He is saying "She was released from the hospital and she was given a TARE (tear, tare sounds like tare, rhymes with care) plan which suggests that she stays hydrated and also get treatment for her headaches." I'm stumped!  ...

Incentive Plan
Feb 07, 2012

I was told there was an incentive plan with M*Modal/MQ.  Any information would be appreciated.   Thanks ...new to M*Modal ...

Well, I Know Transcription Is Going Away But What I Plan To Do Is
Jan 06, 2013

just continue to take what I can get until there is nothing left.  If it means working here and there I guess that is what I will do.  As far as coding, MModal is advertising everywhere for coding people and I can assure you they are training coders and that work will be heading overseas as well so why bother.  They will keep the rates low and there wont be any money in that either.  I guess the only way to even try to survive in transcription is take what you can get unless ...