A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript - I'm not getting my lines and I'm wondering-sm - curious

Posted: Sep 16, 2013

if anybody is?  My line count (and of course my check) is half what it was a year ago.  I think they're getting rid of QA, anybody heard anything?

Getting my lines, barely - Headache

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like QA is doing more and more of the transcription based on emails. Don't know if SS is circling the drain or not.

I am QA, that's why I asked. -sm - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't hardly had any QA in 8 months, been typing, and yesterday I got an email from HR saying I hadn't made my QA line count. What a crock. And when you try to talk to somebody you get put through to voice mail and nobody calls back, ignoring my emails, too.

work is abundant on my accounts - pto

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This SHOWS why HR is a JOKE there!!!! - hehehe - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
HR is 1 dept - with no clue. QA is let up to the PMs (funny). This company NEEDS to get a clue of how they are screwing everything up. BUT they NEVER will G-FORBID chance.....exact reason I left after a VERY long time being sucked lifeless.

Maybe they're trying to tell me something. - message received

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

maybe you should just talk to your pm instead of speculate - pto

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Apparently you didn't read my post, they're not answering me.nm - op

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
i did read your post, TRY AGAIN, go to the next level - pto
[ In Reply To ..]
?? are you kidding
this is a pretty urgent matter dont you think
How much higher can you go than VP of Ops? - sm - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I finally gave up. I have bills to pay. I went full time with my part time job.
i dont believe you called the VP and they ignored you - pto
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I don't think I could possibly care less what you think. - op
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I was QA there too - XSS

[ In Reply To ..]
and my lines started dropping. I guessed that the brass had once again threatened the MTs about sending jobs to QA. They have done this many times over the years, and every time they do eventually they start griping about how many complaints they are getting from the clients about errors, so the pendulum swings back to QA... and so back and forth it goes. They threaten the MTs and then expect the QAs to pick up the slack in typing, but a QA position is very different from an MT position, something they will never understand. I got fed up with the games and left a while ago, I see its still going on. SoftScript will try to screw you every chance they get. Do yourself a favor and find a steadier job. Good luck.

Thanks for clueing in this MT - Freeatlast

[ In Reply To ..]
I could never understand why we were penalized for sending to QA. There are only so many times you can re-listen, and there is apparently no consensus among the higher-ups about QA. One person hounded me about my QA score being too high, but when I was talking to someone else she said send it to QA because that's what they're there for. I really like my PM but I fear she's caught between a rock and a hard place and won't stay at SS long.

we are not penalized for sending to QA? - pto

[ In Reply To ..]
where do you guys get this stuff
If you send more than 10% to QA for 3 pay periods in a row - You are fired
[ In Reply To ..]
You will be given 3 warnings, and then they will let you go. I consider being fired as being penalized. Also, if your percent to QA is above 3%, you are ineligible for a raise for 1 calendar year from the time of your audit. I consider no raise a penalty.

hard to get lines with the ridiculous process/platform they have - too many click here, click there

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never in my life seen such a complicated workflow -- no wonder they expect half the line count others do and its still a struggle to get it !! this platform SUX

i think the platform is easy and fast, word based, love it!!! - lma

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

it's not word that's the problem - it's searching for/applying doc name and demos - and all the extra steps involved there.

[ In Reply To ..]
anyone can type fast in word -- you shouldn't have to do all this other garbage --
depends on which account you are on, they are all different - lma
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just so we're clear, I loved it there. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
And I hated quitting.

if that is true you would have actually talked to management - lma

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wondering About SoftScript
Apr 01, 2010

I am wondering about SoftScript.   They do not seem that highly organized thus far.  The training is only 3 hours; that seems weird.  Just wondering about the platform and if the program is user friendly.  How is voice quality?  Do you think it is possible to do 200-250 lines per hour? Thanks ...

600 Lines A Day At Softscript
Mar 29, 2012

I am only getting 650 lines a day at Softscript in an 8 hour day.  i used to type 1000 for my other company.  I dont know what is wrong with me!! Is this just a slump? Does anyone else go through this?  I feel like I am working all day, but not making much money! ...

In Re: 600 Lines A Day At Softscript
Apr 01, 2012

If only this were an April Fool's...Have you tried looking at the line counts in the line counter for split jobs you do as another starting point for where your line count woes come from...  Inspector Clouseau would like to know.  LOL ...

SoftScript- Can You Do 2000 Lines A Day
Sep 27, 2011

Understanding the pooling situation and difficult dictators, are 2000 lines a long shot using their software.  Thank you for your feedback! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Wondering About Pay
Dec 14, 2009

I work as an MT in a very rural area, so the pay is VERY good for me.  We are a one income household since my husband got laid off and I easily pay the mortgage, car payments, all of the bills, etc.  I was wondering, if a person lives in a much more expensive area, like California where a person's mortgage would easily be four times mine, do they get more money per line to compensate for that, or is it the same? ...

Just Wondering???
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone miss just typing/transcribing a report the old fashioned way?  Expansions are nice, I must admit, but ASR is boring.   Just wondering..... ...

Wondering Again
May 07, 2010

Why do companies not want to use mac computers? I have tested many times using word 2003 on my computer but they get scared or dont know what to do if I tell them I use a mac computer. ...

Okay I Am Wondering What Is Going On? Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I have gone from NJA most of the time to now doing late work and have been having more work the last few days.  How is this possible?  Did MTs quit?  I just don't get it.  I am not complaining mind you but just wondering---how strange! ...

Just Wondering...has Anyone Ever Actually Gotten
Jun 01, 2011

gotten their pay docked 3 cents a line for critical errors, over 5% QA submission, etc.  I haven't heard anyone actually say that happened to them.  Is it just a threat ?  I know they would LIKE to dock our pay.    The reason I ask is that I've been having a bad past few weeks.....extra difficult/bad sound quality reports plus stress along with that has caused me to have to sent more than 5% to QA plus I make two what they call critical errors (I saw them as ...

Just Wondering ...
Jul 09, 2011

Hope I've got this on the right board.  I'm to the point where I need to get a new chair.  My back hurts, my butt hurts, and ... well ... you get the idea.  just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reasonably priced chair. ...

I Was Just Wondering...
Oct 13, 2011

how hard it would be to switch from doing medical transcription to legal transcription?  That might be a good way to transition out of MT for someone who wants to try something else and still work at home.  I know nothing about it and thought maybe some of you do??     ...

Just Wondering...
Jan 16, 2012

Just wondering...when is "any where" used vs "anywhere"?  Sentence is "fluid draining any where between...."  Which is correct? ...

I Was Wondering About Something.
Jan 25, 2012

As an in-house MT we were required to wear business casual clothing.  Another job required scrubs.  Now that I work from home, I wear pJs, sweats, jeans, shorts, whatever.   I noticed that when I am "dressed" (not in pj's or sweats) that I seem to be more productive and I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if the way we dress to transcribe affects our productivity as a professional employee.  You know when you dress up to go ou ...

Just Wondering---
Jan 28, 2012

Who are they going to blame once they switch over to the EMR and there are a million mistakes on the chart?  They won't have the MTs to blame any more, so I wonder, who will it be???  Maybe the "scribe" or the med student who has to follow the docs around because they will be too lazy to type a few things into the computer?  Just wondering----. ...

Just Wondering If Anyone Here Has A
May 04, 2012

from PAHCS? Just curious....Havent come across any mention of them on here. ...

I Am Just Wondering...
Dec 25, 2012

get any kind of card, greeting, token or whatever from their MTSO?  This is the first time in over 20 years of MT that I received nothing, not even a happy holidays pat on the back email from a supervisor.  Now don't get me wrong; I'm not a person who gets all sentimental over the holidays, but really, to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and not even get an e-card?  Maybe I am just being a silly old fool,  but this seems very omnious to me, like tr ...

Saw This Ad And Am Wondering...
Feb 21, 2013

It's 11:30 p.m., and I'm looking at this website and have not thoroughly read this forum, so please don't get angry at me.  I'm 59 this year and can hardly believe the course below would only take a month to complete.  I fully realize, of course, that in no way, shape or form would this make me a coder but might hopefully get me into a doctor's office (?), which I'm having no luck whatsoever despite sending resumes, since I've had no recent ...

Wondering About Something, With So Many Of Us
May 28, 2013

I wonder that most of us seem to be in the mid-40s and even later 50s or 60s that are sick of the MT garbage and want to get out by going back to school. Has anyone considered the fact of how old you/we will be when we graduate a program? Even a 1-year program likely will take 2 years to go through if somone has to work full-time to support themselves, even with loans to pay for school. What about the age discrimination I hear so much of and definitely see it in the real world? Does ...

Just Wondering How Many MTs....
Jul 12, 2013

...can hardly stand to listen to another syllable of these dictators (I think they're supposed to be professionals?) who can hardly put two words together? I had a resident dictate over 30 minutes of absolute garbage today and this was actually an extremely sick patient. This is why I go to the doctor visits with my family members these days. Family members absolutely have to stay on top of things because we could encounter one of these residents/fellows who, in all honesty, may have the be ...

Just Wondering . . .
Sep 10, 2013

Did TSMs and QCs get their PTO cut?  Did their wages go down? Worker bee's are becoming extinct. Ponder that one. ...

Just Wondering.....
Jul 16, 2014

I work in the West and my work has been low, so that every night I am working outside my BOB, and usually for East or South.  How is your work in these other regions? ...

Wondering
Mar 05, 2015

Okay, I have to wonder if it costs so much to train an MT for a company that they would not work with their MTs to keep them happy in the work types and specialties they do. Most times instead if you are not happy with your accounts, they just fire you. Doesn't anyone work with anyone so it benefits the MT and the company both? I find it so maddening that someone just hired can do this without even discussing it with the MT at all. Just fire them because they wanted to try another sp ...