A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription) - Any info? Do they pay MTs for poor audio - quality?

Posted: Mar 03, 2010

Anyone currently work or previously worked for NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription)?  Can you verify if you are paid by the gross line or by a 65-character line? 

Their ad says 8 CPL (but does not say what a line constitutes).  Their website says they charge by the gross line.  Just wondering if that also applies to how the Independent Contractor is paid? 

NuWay Office Solutions (formerly RX: Transcription) is hiring for an experienced part-time neuro MT.  Approx. 30 consults per week with 48 hour TAT.  Pay is 8 CPL. 

Another funny from their website.  When was the last time a Medical Transcriptionist was paid extra for “Extremely Poor Quality Audio?”  They charge from $25 to $100 for poor to extremely poor quality audio.  The Medical Transcriptionist gets paid 8 cents per line and has to struggle through it.  Maybe if you apply, as an Independent Contractor, you can put into your contract that YOU get some of that “poor quality audio” fee.  Too bad we cannot all do that, either as an employee or as an Independent Contractor. 

From their website: 

Medical Transcription Rates

We offer 24-, 48-, and 72-hour TAT. We charge by gross lines. We do not charge extra for special characters, formatting, or header/footers. Pricing is based on volume (number of lines per month). Please have this information available when inquiring about pricing.

Other fees

• Special Formatting = add $5.00 (smaller fonts, double space, etc.)
  • Poor Quality Audio = add $25.00
  • Extremely Poor Quality Audio = add $100

I've worked for RX Transcription before (SM) - Hospital now

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice folks and pay was always on time. The work was always clear to hear. I took on too much work to be able to continue with them but they were great to work with.

Similar Messages:

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

POOR QUALITY AUDIO
May 29, 2014

Trying to finish my shift for Mmodal.  Doing maintenance on phones, but what a ride it's been trying to do transcription.  The audio is all garbled like an old loop system that has been used to the max.  Leaving more blanks that transcribed product on the page.  There are going to be some  unhappy docs over this. ...

NuWay Office Solutions
Feb 08, 2013

Can't believe I fell for this one. I tested on the first file they sent me last night. Very lengthy. The rest of the files are inaudible, just will make you crazy. I sent an email saying "forget it." I left my family to fend for themselves last night for supper and I almost spent 30 dollars for software to make my footpedal work!! Glad I didn't do that. What a waste of my time. Good luck to anyone that would take this job!!!!     ...

Use Mac For Transcription With An Audio Player
Oct 01, 2014

Does any use Mac for transcription with an audio player.  I have used gear player but that is not compatible with Mac.  Any suggestions for a good audio player that is compatible with Mac? ...

Audio Transcription Center/Skill Bureau
Dec 03, 2012

Hello all, Has anyone had any dealings with Audio Transcription Center, which is apparently part of or associated with the Skill Bureau?  I got an email saying they wanted to talk tp me after I had already trained for a co. I was not excited about but needed a job. They want a typing test and then 4 audio files to be done for testing.  It's an IC position.  Could not get much information on the phone from the placement person.  Would be interested in any opinions/knowle ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

OSi Transcription?? Anyone Have Info?
Jan 14, 2010

Does anyone have any experience/info abotu OSi? It seems like they do a TON of hiring and i'm not sure that it's a good thing. I'm a new MT and want to start out right. Thanks! ...

CLK Transcription Any Info?
Nov 12, 2010

Any info on this company?  I have heard from them and she is rather up front about her workload, etc., but I would like to know if anyone has worked for this company.  The last time I posted about a company, someone said "look elsewhere" and I didn't listen and I should have.  I am now looking elsewhere.  If you want to e-mail me that is fine as well.  Thanks in advance.    ...

Any New Info Regarding Transcription Plus LLC
Dec 31, 2010

I did a search on transcription plus LLC and didn't see much but was wondering if anyone currently works for them and has any positive or negative things to say about this company.  I am considering taking a position with them.    TIA ...

Looking For CLK Transcription Info
Sep 07, 2011

I've looked through the archives, have a couple questions on what I couldn't find... Anyone know what the average TAT is? How's the work, steady/intermittent/rare? Anything else I need to know that you think is important? ...

KJ&M Transcription, Inc Any Info?nm
Jan 10, 2012

x ...

360 Transcription - Any Info
Aug 25, 2013

Any info on this company.  Pay, etc.?  They have 2 very long tests.  It is a waste of my time if they pay bum wages and are a bum company.  Any info would help.  TIA. ...

Any Info On CC Transcription? Sm
Oct 07, 2014

They're looking for ortho help.  But, they have 6 dislikes on the post. ...

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

Transcription South - Any Info?
Dec 04, 2009

I have searched the archives and I don't find anything on this company.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

Any Info On Advance Transcription?
Dec 28, 2009

nm ...

Anyone With Info On Hands On Transcription?
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Hands-On Transcription Info....sm
Jan 07, 2010

Hi - any info on this company?  I checked the archives, but info is mostly from a few years ago and vague.  Feel free to e-mail me.  TIA! ...

Letni Transcription - Any Info?
Jan 13, 2010

I have been contacted to test for an entry level position by Letni Transcription.  Does anyone have any information about this company? ...

Info On Medscribe Transcription?
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone Info. On E-transcription Group?
Mar 09, 2010

nm ...

Transcription Matchmaker An Info?
May 04, 2010

Anybody know anything about this company. I seems to be an employment agency for MTs and other medical record related jobs.  Their website says no fee to job seekers. ...

Hils Transcription - Any Info?
May 25, 2010

Anybody have info on this company? ...

Any Info On New Line Transcription
May 31, 2010

Would appreciate any info on this company. Thanks. ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

Info On Chronicle Transcription?
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone have any info on Chronicle Transcription? They are asking me to take a test.  Also how are their tests? ...

ALPHA Transcription - Any Info?
Sep 20, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company?   Thanks! ...

DIT - Recent Info On DIT Transcription?
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone have any recent info on DIT Transcription?  Do you know if they are still in business? ...

The Transcription Doctor - Any Info?
Oct 24, 2010

Hi everyone!  Can anyone tell me about The transcription doctors company?  Do they pay on time?  Do they do direct deposit? Thanks ...