A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are there any companies that do not test? - lori

Posted: Sep 18, 2014

I have tested with several companies and either do not hear or have passed a few.  I was wondering if there were any companies that DO NOT test as long as you have a resume with experience?

You do realize that companies have to test for a reason? - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
There are very FEW companies that do this and if it is allowed, it is based on your experience and what a potential employer sees on your resume.

Exactly - SSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost all companies require testing. It's to be expected. You need to prove that you have the skills necessary for the job before they jump and hire you. You can't just send your resume and expect to be hired based off that alone. You need to prove yourself first.

Testing - justmyopinion

[ In Reply To ..]
I expect to test and feel it is fair to do so. What I do not feel is fair is to have to go to a testing website and test before anybody even looks at your resume. They should email you first and give you an opportunity to ask questions before you waste your time and theirs testing for a position you won't accept when you find out the answers to your questions. They get too many resumes to respond to all of them but we should test anyway on the off chance they might see our resume and like it? That's just bull.

TTS...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
had test questions (I think 50) but no transcription test. I had a good resume/experience and did well on the test and was hired. I have been there 3 years and am fairly satisfied with the staff I deal with and my pay. The platform, Escription, is very well trained and the drafts to be edited are usually great.

TTS testing has changed..sm - A. Nony Mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
They now require a transcription test as well as the multiple choice test, and I believe it is a lot longer than 50 questions now.

To the original poster, I hope you take what I am about to say in the spirit it is intended because I don't mean to demoralize you or put you down. I hope that you will take this well-meant advice to heart. If you have tested for multiple companies and cannot pass the test, then perhaps being an MT, despite the experience you might have, is not for you. The field is dwindling down to nothing and will be gone before too much longer. Five to 10 years ago, I would still have said that it was a profession worth pursuing; however, with the advent of the point and click electronic medical record and the increasing popularity of speech recognition in addition to the amount of work that is being sent off shore these days, American MTs are being either forced to do speech recognition for half of what traditional transcription pays (and don't believe that all speech recognition is all that great because it's not). Unless you have a really good reason not to seek employment in the traditional workplace, I would suggest you start sending out resumes and looking for brick-and-mortar jobs because the world of medical transcription is going away fast. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

I posted above and I agree - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
The companies test for a reason and even though my resume is LARGE, I work for 3 companies. Two are "when work is there" one is an IC -- all straight typing. I had a former supervisor who tested for my current company and had NO clue with acute care. This is one thing that I have seen with people being offered a position in a specialty they have NEVER worked in. If you have acute care hospital, you have a better chance of being hired. However, if you have done "clinic/speciality" your chances of getting hired are less! Good luck :)

Well-meant advise..?...and job not for you. - pretty crass KIA

[ In Reply To ..]
The total rudeness of telling someone else that a job is not for them and everyone thinks they know it all is rather disgusting. In the beginning, we never 'tested' and were lucky to find someone who would sit all day and risk their total body health to a job...yet it paid and you got benefits. Now you are asked to have a doctorate and get 3 cents!!!! Oh, but don't take it to heart!

A Nony Mouse - My 2 cents

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP didn't say she couldn't pass the tests, she said she had passed some and didn't hear anything about the others. I think the question was in regard to companies who don't require testing. She didn't ask your opinion about the state of medical transcription. I don't know why people can't answer questions and stay on topic instead of getting on a soapbox anytime someone asks a simple question.
why do you feel the need to correct her? she didnt ask you for your opinion - fed up
[ In Reply To ..]
it goes both ways. She gave her advice. She has the option to take it or leave it. Why do you have to butt in where you dont belong. Either answer her question yourself or shut up.

so sick of all the drama on this place. Now that is my 2 cents worth!
Your opinion matters - My 2 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I see that you have no problem offering your opinion either, thanks for sharing.
but she gave her advice based on misinterpretation of OP. - and that makes a difference. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x|x
===
reading comprehension from A Mouse? - you set the bar high. MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
just jokin'.

did not test for TTS - mttm

[ In Reply To ..]
I just recently started working for TTS a few months ago and did not test. I replied to a post on mt jobs and within an hour received a call from the recruiter, was hired and started the following week,Ben there ever since, they are happy with me and I am happy with them

That's great! Glad it worked out for you. - lori

[ In Reply To ..]
I will have to try them again. I had been in contact with I believe a Gary Jernovich and at the time they didn't have clinical jobs. I will have to email him and find out what they have and if they would consider me. Thank you!

Similar experience, didn't test for TTS. Heard back from recruiter in an hour - Very unhappy there and quit after 3 months

[ In Reply To ..]
Filed complaint with state of NH employment task force for misclassification. They treat their ICs like employees so be careful. I also was not paid for training.
Oh, wow, sounds like a bad experience! - lori
[ In Reply To ..]
I had a phone interview with them about a year ago and thought they were going to hire me for a job, but when I wanted set hours they just kind of didn't pursue me. Guess I didn't miss out on anything with them!
Yep exactly. They want their ICs to work a schedule according - to what shifts they have available. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously if you're not logged in at the start of your shift expect a phone call from TL. It wasn't just having to work a schedule, it was the amount of "control" they try to have over ICs, and that's where the line is drawn between classifying employees from ICs.

TTS was cracking down on their workers awhile back too because there was a CPSE that cost the company a 45k fine. There was a mass email with a "crossword puzzle" that we were required to submit back to them to show understanding. I never submitted it.

Additionally, there was an occasion where a trainer was doing a "share screen" with me and an IM popped up from another trainer telling her that "I was just accused of cherry picking. I'm so pissed." Verbatim! So it obviously happened there. I had several really crappy days there of just total ESL instead of a normal mix and it's obvious when the cherry picking happens.

Overall, I just did not have a good experience there. I've heard mixed opinions on it, some better than others. Good lesson learned though. I took it as a side job, so leaving it really didn't matter and was much less of a headache.
That's why I'm trying to get a job employee status - lori
[ In Reply To ..]
I am testing with Synernet right now. I don't really care for the long tests you have to do but know it is necessary. I am bothered by not getting an email at least that I didn't pass or some that say give us a break and we'll get to your grading of your test because we are overwhelmed. I used to work contracted and used to make good money on my own back in the before "electronic records" days. Now I have been unemployed and there is nothing here locally to find. When you say you are a transcriptionist they look at you like you are from another planet, LOL...
Strange how some have horrible stories about TTS and - then others have it so good
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked there for years now and had no idea about any "cracking down" you speak of, seems like everything running along the way it has since I first started. As far as what it said on the screen, you said it stated "I was accused of cherry picking." That in itself does not even state it was true. How you come to your conclusion? Anyone can "accuse" you, does not mean it is true. I have the bad mixed in with good and then on Fridays usually ESLs are there en force but I think probably just the ESLs taking the task of the H&Ps and others off for the weekend. Oh, by the way, have never ever gotten a phone call from anyone there asking why I am not working. Must be you were not on when you were supposed to be. I have no problem like that, never.
Then dont work for them. They asked ME what shecule I wanted - as an IC. I picked what I wanted SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and that is what I work. They have to know that MTs are going to be working so they can assure TAT is met. What do you want them to do. Just give everyone a log in and hope someone is there working? Doesn't work that way.
And I did not have to test. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Work for TTS and schedule adhered to as IC - but frankly my dear.....
[ In Reply To ..]
The platform is super-duper. I do my work, they leave me alone, I get a paycheck and I make what I think is good for this time. Not unhappy in the least. They need people to show up and work. I think when I see people complaining about a schedule I feel like they mostly are slackers.

Did not have to test for - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
InHealth CDS or J&M Transcription

Was just on InHealth's web site and says you have to take a pretest and an open book AHDI test - lori

[ In Reply To ..]
J&M doesn't say on their site, but that could be true.

I am not going to test for any company before I know what they have - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
to offer. That is a ridiculous waste of time as far as I am concerned. If we aren't a good fit then why go through all the BS with the foot pedal not working etc to hear nothing back and then if you do you aren't interested because of whatever. Makes no sense to me. I know what I can do and I am not afraid to tell them that. They can use me for a week and not pay me but I am not testing for tons of companies that I have no interest in after I hear what they have to offer.

Totally agree!!! - lori

[ In Reply To ..]
Kinda my mindset too, I totally agree!

I have worked for two companies since 1996 being Modal and another one in Michigan. I didnt - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
test for either and I was with Modal for twelve years until my account went off in the sunset and then I started with my present company and I am still there eight years after. I don't test well but I am good at what I do.
i'm like you, I choke on tests but have been at this over 30 years. - unlike the above posters, I WILL still
[ In Reply To ..]
test...or never find a job.

Good luck to those putting their foot down on testing, and finding a position.

Similar Messages:

Companies That Do Not Use MT Test Site
Mar 31, 2011

Have seen where veteran MTs have failed this test and been referred to Career Step for training.  Not up for an ego buster myself.  Can you tell me companies that DO NOT use this as their test site?   TIA ...

So Most Companies Make You Test, Even If
Oct 24, 2014

If so, does the version of Windows you have matter?  I have Windows 8.1 on my laptop now.  I know I am going to have to buy another computer IF I get another job as most require Windows 7 or 8.  But I'd like to wait and see if I can get a job before buying another computer, as who knows if I will actually find one.  I am hoping I can at least test on the laptop I currently have, which has 8.1.  Thanks!  ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...

Another Lab Test...
Nov 29, 2010

How about a CL1Q?  Again, it is at the end of a long list of rheumatology labs. ...

New CMT Test
Jan 12, 2011

Did anyone take the new beta CMT test and find out their results? There were techical problems with scoring or something?  We've been waiting weeks and weeks and were told we would get the results no later than today, and still haven't heard anything.  ...

Before I Test For MQ....
Mar 17, 2011

can anyone tell me if they allow Windows 7 and what type of internet connect they require.  I realize most people here will tell me not to work for them, but I need a job bad. Thanks ...

TTS Test
Mar 24, 2011

Has anyone tested for TTS? ...

ROI Test
May 14, 2011

Has anyone here passed the ROI online test?  I took it but didn't pass.  The "failure" message suggested a specific training program.... There was an entire thread about this a few months ago.  Numerous MTs, some with 20 and 30 years of experience, said they didn't pass it.  (I have over two decades w/ extensive rad and have always had superb QAs.)  Someone suggested that it may be a scam.... I carefully reviewed each question and answer before submitting.&n ...

RMT Test
Sep 30, 2011

Could someone advise me about taking the RMT test?  Has anyone taken it?  Would you take it first, then CMT after this?  I am not sure about this.  Thank you.  I have been an MT for many many years, but feel I need to do this if I want to go independent.  ...

TT Test?
Apr 23, 2013

So, the ad says to send resume via email and then go to the website to do test.  Does anyone know how to access the test as I don't see anything on the website.  Do you have to wait for an invite? ...

Eye Test
May 28, 2013

How would you write on a Snellen eye test when doctor says right eye 20 over 25 minus 7? Thank you in advance. ...

M.I.S.T. Test
Dec 10, 2013

I saw on here that for the M.I.S.T. test they screen share with you and watch you test.  Does anyone know what kind of test it is......typing test or what? ...

Did Anyone Take The Test Yet?
Mar 13, 2014

It was HARD!!!   I was actually happy to learn the test was on Anatomy & Physiology and felt super confident going in but ... dang.   I got my score and did really well but seeing as there are only 60 spots, I'm pretty sure anything less than 100% isn't going to be good enough. ...

What About The Day You Took The Test
Mar 20, 2014

yet.    Maybe they are going by the day you took the test? ...

I'm Going To Do A Test....
Feb 26, 2015

This is when your in a report and the voice is not going OR you are signed in and sitting there with no job open, correct?? The other day I had to take a quick break, I put a heavy book on my foot pedal so it continued to play, then just backed it up when I got back. My hours are always below... but I'm rarely goofing off. I dont get it. From here forward Im going to have the pedal going at all times when in a job, even when researching, then back it up where I need it. Then at the end I w ...