A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AcuTrans - Railroad Interviews - TN MT

Posted: Aug 02, 2012

Did anyone else test for AcuTrans recently?  

Yes, and I failed - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I did too! - TN MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My corrected reports looked like a blue ink pen exploded on them. The harder I tried, the worse the feedback. :(

Ha! Mine too! It was a confidence crusher - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Definite confidence crusher! - TN MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Relieved I wasn't the only one though ;)

Failed test - Marie

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL, I failed too! By the third test, I felt I was doing pretty good with it, but the directions confused me. It makes me feel a little better that I wasn't the only one!

I failed too. sm - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
I was embarrassed to tell my husband (a railroader) that I had failed. Lol. I thought it would be a nice fill-in job. I agree with the poster who said the harder she tried the worse it seemed she did. That's exactly how I felt! Good luck to those who actually passed. :)

test - Former RR

[ In Reply To ..]
Was it a lot of railroad language? I worked for the RR for 7 years prior to becoming an MT. Would someone be so kind as to privately send me a contact email address? I will not divulge any information.

The RR is like the military in that they do have their own language. It took me a couple years to get what people were saying to me sometimes so without experience, I definitely would not have passed a transcription test. Best wishes to y'all!

Thanks!

AcuTrans - Caldera55

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard to pass the test when the word, "that's" is corrected by the same thing, "that's" but with the apostrophe in a different font not available in Word 2007.

Similar Messages:

Do They Actually Do Exit Interviews?
Apr 07, 2015

I was reading in the employee handbook where it says that like to do exit interviews when an employee voluntarily terminates employment. Do they actually do that? ...

Why Bother With Exit Interviews
Dec 06, 2013

when all they have to do is read this board to find out why MTs are leaving?  Not that I expect any logical actions from them but since they are paying an outside company to do the interviews, this is an added expense.   ...

Several Of Us Had Interviews Today Or Recently...How Did You Do? Here's My Experience...
May 30, 2013

I had an overall positive experience; however, I wish I'd said a couple things more smoothly and thought of a couple more questions to ask (I did ask a few).  Still, for my first interview in years, I think it went well, and I sold myself pretty strongly, too.  I thought I'd share the main questions that came up and how I attempted to handle them:  Questions I got were (these aren't in order): Why do you think you'll be a fit?  (I said I was "uni ...

Two Great Interviews With Accentus STARTeam. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...
May 10, 2012

I applied, tested for and passed for the Accentus STARTeam position.  I received a call from HR for the first interview and went on to a second interview with who would be my transcrition manager within hours of the first interview.  I was on the phone with her for over an hour.  She was very excited about my experience and told me I would be a great fit.  It was very clear that she thought I would be a valuable addition to her team and the interview went very, very well. &nb ...