Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: whatever happened to TTC?.. (Views: 33)

That person actually did not even ask in an entitled way so your beef - really not with that person sm

Posted: Nov 21st, 2023 - 4:50 pm In Reply to: Maybe some people still want MT and are willing to look for it - despite being very far and few between SM

It was phrased "may I ask," which is not someone feeling entitled and DEMANDING to know details like many do on here.

MT definitely IS a dying field, as we veteran MTs know, but some new MTs are not fully aware just how bad things are and still actively seek MT work, so I feel like in this instance, the person asking might have been planning to give advice to that end but didn't want to assume the reasoning. I think this one deserves a pass.

Yes, it's true there are MANY applicants going for the remote jobs. When I've used Indeed, it has shown upwards of 1000 other applicants, which is nuts. And out of those 1000, probably only a handful ever even make it to human interaction unfortunately.

Personally, I still enjoy MT work so I always low key keep an eye out for decent MT jobs. HOWEVER, my expectations are always very low. At this point, I figure if anything worth applying for MT wise does come up, it's nothing short of a damn miracle! LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)