Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

People keep saying a lot of non-MT work out there but what--sm - RunninOnMT

Posted: Nov 20th, 2023 - 5:46 pm In Reply to: May I Ask - Why Looking for MT?

Not the OP here but what non-MT jobs are you finding? I'm thinking perhaps they are not remote? I need remote unfortunately for medical reasons. I've worked as admin asst, legal secretary/transcriptionist, accounting asst, etc., so I have those skills in add'n to my MT skills. Some of the other positions were years ago, which I understand they might want more recent experience, but still! I never hear back on any of the job apps I send. In fact, it is very rare these days to hear back after sending a round of applications just in general, which I find perplexing. I imagine a lot of that is due to keyword parsing but you'd still think a FEW would slip by that??? I read an article that your app rarely even gets seen by a human these days, which is somewhat disheartening.

Anyway... I don't mean to hijack the thread, I just really need an employee position in the new year, as I'm losing my health insurance due to dissolution, but man, has it been a pathetic job search! LOL! Any ideas you have that you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear them! TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)