Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Bees are funny I had some bees turn my - Dr Pepper can into

Posted: Mar 24th, 2023 - 7:08 am In Reply to: Left MT - Pepper

a bee airport. I poured the pop into a little plate I used under my pots on my covered front porch. A couple had drowned in the can. When they ran out they buzzed me, got in my face. So, I'd pour some more. Things got out of hand with more and more bees so I moved the plate to the other end of the porch away from my chair. I worried about HFCS so I cooked some sugar syrup up for them and fed them that.

My neighbor came over and we were down off my porch on the grass talking and a bee just flew at her and stung her for no reason. The stinger was sticking out of her arm. Couldn't figure out what got into that little bee.

It got into fall and I called a local beekeeper association guy and asked him if I should quit feeding them and he said through winter no syrup, I could put some sugar out if I wanted to. they might still come but humidity in a hive in winter is an issue. I quit feeding them and haven't sat on my front porch much since then. I garden in the back yard now. I had a ground wasp in one of my beds a couple of years ago. She was cute to watch and some other wasps took care of some cabbage worms for me. I made a video to put on YouTube but never did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)