Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A reasonable line count, in my opinion, - KRMT

Posted: Mar 8th, 2023 - 11:38 am In Reply to: A couple general questions - Karla Morrill

would be at least 10 CPL. I started transcription in 2011 and did straight type. I made 8 CPL. There were places out there that paid more, but I was comfortable where I was at being new to this field. That company closed and I worked for another company doing straight type that paid 8 CPL, then they lowered it to 7 CPL, then they closed. One thing that has never made sense to me is why the line rate was even lowered when they went to voice recognition. People say that you produce faster with voice recognition. Well, common sense would tell a person that producing faster would naturally result in a higher wage. Can you imagine working in manufacturing on an assembly line. “Hey Mr. CEO, we have doubled our production numbers this month, therefore making you more money!” CEO: “Great! It’s clear the job is getting easier for you as the proof is in the numbers, so I’m going to go ahead and lower your wage from $15 to $12. Double the production again next month, and I’ll consider reducing it to $9 an hour.” LOL. BTW, I have worked for multiple places doing voice recognition, and I find it takes just as long as straight type. You rarely ever have a sentence that doesn’t require at least 1 to 3 edits, and this is with dictators who speak as clearly as news reporters. It’s stop, go, stop, go, stop, go, and on and on and on….. I don’t know about other people, but I can type a sentence out from scratch faster than I can edit that same sentence in 3 different places. The voice rec software that I have used (interfaces by Deliver Health and Aquity) cannot even pick up clearly enunciated basic words. Years into COVID, and the 5 voice rec platforms I have worked on still spell it out “cold.” I just accepted an employee position doing non-medical transcription with an hourly wage, which ended up being $1 to $2 more an hour than I’m making now, plus bonuses, and benefits including health insurance, PTO, and 401K. I had to leave medical transcription. I just couldn’t take being paid so low anymore, and the verbal abuse from the people in the higher positions was unbearable and making me depressed. Go onto, I believe, Glassdoor.com and look at the reported salaries of the higher ups at these low-paying transcription companies; people making $80,000 to over six figures and you have never even heard of them or understand their job titles when you work there. They’re just ghosts collecting a paycheck, while the MTs do all the work. I know everyone’s experience is different, but this is just mine, and from what I have read on here, a lot of people feel the same. I’m sure there are jobs out there, but there seems to be more MTs seeking those jobs than there are jobs available. I would just encourage people to keep looking and applying and following up with the company after they have sent in their resume, and always check company reviews before wasting time. Those reviews always seem to be pretty accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)