Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Pros and cons - Not as easy as it seems

Posted: Sep 23rd, 2022 - 12:20 pm In Reply to: That's the whole point, anyone can make $11 to $15 an hour - nm

The first step would be to get hired if you’re tired of being an MT and see working retail or customer service as a good career move. Not everyone can be a barista or fast food worker; those jobs are not easy although they may seem so to you, and you will probably be competing with people half your age. I’m not defending what is happening in the MT world, and I was one of the lucky ones who worked onsite with benefits until I retired, so I saw the good side of MT. If you want to try something else, there are probably jobs that would be more suitable for you, pay more, and still let you work at home. Also consider that working at home doesn’t require spending money on gas, and very little on wardrobe. or other expenses. The jobs you are talking about are no-brainer, entry level positions, and you may not be satisfied doing something like making drinks and cleaning bathrooms. You need more than free coffee to live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)