Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I let my 2 AAPC certifications go. - lesson learned

Posted: Jul 6th, 2022 - 6:29 am In Reply to: welp, this answers my question whether or not to renew - me in the corner

I had to take a family leave of absence from my coding job last year right as they were gearing up to outsource "some of" their work overseas. I've been down that road enough in 21 years of MT to know exactly what it leads to, which was one of the main reasons I decided not to return to that job. Like you, I was also sick over all of the time and money spent in pursuing a career in coding, but I refuse to throw good money after bad and, frankly, I was very unhappy in the career for a variety of reasons.

I was curious one day and crunched the numbers on how much money the company would save by going entirely overseas, and it came out to millions of dollars in salary and benefits. So, yeah, not too difficult to see that glaring neon sign on the wall.

Life is too short for BS. I'm with another poster who said let India have the coding. That ship has sailed and is sinking. I'm only back to MT part-time while I am busy putting other irons in the fire to generate income, as I know the MT gig I'm working could be yanked away at any time and, frankly, I'm tired of constantly chasing jobs that pay a fraction of what I earned years ago. I'm ready for some peace in my life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)