Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I also saw it happen - Sorry to hear this

Posted: Jun 25th, 2022 - 1:50 pm In Reply to: How many times have people said on here that THEIR COMPANY - or facility would NEVER outsource SM

I worked for a large medical center that completely outsourced transcription in 2012. It began on a small scale with them using outside vendors until all of it was gone. Our first clue should have been the hiring freeze when no new MTs were added, but Epic and Dragon were really the nails in the coffin. Our administration said that it would never happen, but it did. The doctors fought it, but it was all dollars and cents. I’m not sure what is happening with our coding department except that there’s a lot of turnover and they have trouble finding qualified people. I do know that there is more automation in regard to the simple cases, and to some extent the docs and nursing staff are able to assign codes. Before I retired, I worked in medical records, and now I’m seeing even some of the records release tasks being outsourced to call centers. I’m sorry to hear about the coders, but I’m not surprised, especially when people offshore can obtain the same certification and training as people in the US.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)