Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Sadly, they will not do this - WWD

Posted: May 20th, 2022 - 3:52 pm In Reply to: I don’t work there either - Suggestions and thoughts

When I worked for WWD, I constantly had to call them whenever my checks were late and they simply do not care. I mean, they REALLY do not care. They don't convey one ounce of concern for you or your situation. One time, I even offered to pay a small fee for direct deposit, but they wouldn't budge. I said even Zelle or Venmo would work. Nothing. They wouldn't do it. One time in early 2021 when my check was extremely late, they wanted ME to pay almost $60 to have it overnighted via FedEx. No way, Jose. There is absolutely no way they will overnight you a check, even if you pay for it. It's pretty obvious that they try to stall checks for as long as possible due to probable cashflow issues, which I think is the reason they won't do direct deposit - because they don't have the funds and are unable to commit to paying people on set dates. They mail out checks whenever they can or whenever they feel like it. They won't even mail you a replacement check until it has been at least 10 days since the first check was mailed. I finally left as soon as I found a new job with direct deposit, slightly better pay, and very steady work. I just cannot live without direct deposit. I'm very OCD about my credit and paying my bills in a timely manner and never knowing when I would be paid was making me a nervous wreck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)