Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Look for other medical records positions - SM

Posted: Mar 24th, 2022 - 8:42 pm In Reply to: MT as a career - Anon

I've been doing MT for just over 20 years. I, too, am sick to death of the low pay and lack of respect and appreciation. My husband is an NP for one of our local medical offices and he told me about a full-time medical records technician opening at his practice, which is a remote position working from home. I applied and was hired because of my MT background. They started me at $22.75/hour and give regular cost of living and performance raises and the job comes with full benefits. I love it. I only had to go into the office for the first week for training, but then they sent me home to work full-time. I work 9-5 Mon-Fri and have every single weekend and holiday off, while getting paid for all holidays. I haven't been this happy in ages. I still do some MT work on the side as a supplement because I still do love it, but it's just not something I can do full-time any longer.

I highly recommend checking with some of your local medical practices to see if they have openings for similar positions, because you would be qualified with your MT experience and the pay and bennies are fantastic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)