Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I had one of those training and they talked in the background - sm

Posted: Mar 16th, 2022 - 9:22 am In Reply to: kind of offensive to say a lot are like that - not my experience

which made it difficult to hear the deposition because the court reporter was training someone and talking to them througout the whole thing. Talk about offensive. I mean, come on, if you want a clear record, how about not making it more difficult to obtain one. I'm sure there are a lot of good reporters out there, but I have to say in my experience in the depositions that I've come across, the majority don't give a flip. The responsibility falls on the court reporter to make sure a record is up to par, not a transcriptionist. We have nothing to do with how well they perform or the quality of audio. That's up to the court reporter. It's their job to make sure that record is taken accurately. I've had many speak up and ask what was said and then those who just stay quiet and say nothing about the quality of what they can hear. If the court reporter can't understand it, how do they expect a typist to? It's just neglect on the part of the court reporter. Hope you enjoy your career and don't become one of the CR who think the typist will pick up their slack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)