Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yeah. It's too bad they don't use what they had to, to pass - a test, sm

Posted: Mar 15th, 2022 - 9:06 pm In Reply to: I attended court reporting school in California and - attempted the Boards which

in their daily jobs. I worked as a court reporter for a while back in the day. The test may be a constant 200 words per minute, the deposition is not. I can't tell how how many court reporter's notes that have so much garbage in them, you'd think they had no education in legal and medical terminology or English for that matter. And not all states are the same. You also have those who were grandfathered in from back in the day. It's not all machine shorthand, you have mask writing, and then this Zoom business where they just push the button to record and no one knows what they're doing. I do question how such idiots have been able to pass whatever test is required. Then again, I've done depositions on people in high positions that didn't know the meanings of some words in a question, so of course, I'm wondering how some people even got their jobs! Had it been one word or the way the question was phrased, I could have understood but not throughout a whole deposition. Thanks for the input though. I understand what you're trying to say. I just don't agree that this is the case for every court reporter in every state and in every situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)