Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

We have little to no recourse - OVD/TSLLC

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2022 - 11:51 am In Reply to: I thought as an IC you could still legally - pursue payment

He promised me tax forms were being sent out the end of January...ha! He's hiding under the Transcription Solutions, LLC, as paychecks reflect from the accounting firm, and DBA OneVoice Data. We will never get any money from him for our hard work. However, he will get dinged from the IRS since no one has received W2s or 1099s, as required. W2 employees have to file taxes with an additional form that red flags IRS review. Make sure you have referenced the tax ID number from last year's tax documentation and have all statements sent from admin regarding the closure, etc. just in case you get audited.

I would think the accounting firm would/should have sent out the forms regardless as they were employed prior to closure. Funny how this all transpired at the beginning of the new tax year, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)