Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Ohhhh, I worked there - CMT

Posted: Jul 21st, 2021 - 10:56 am In Reply to: Saince - Beware

This happened to me. I actually very recently tried working there just this past spring. I only stayed for about two weeks as well. I also had to make the discovery on my own that they don't pay for spaces as they did not make me aware of this either and their ad never said anything about it being VBC. I was working like crazy and flying through reports, but my earnings were just not adding up like they should have been for the amount of work I was doing and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Being psych reports, many of them were very long and should have yielded high line counts, and several of them even had templates that I was told we were paid for, so my exceedingly low earnings made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I felt like I was a hamster on a wheel, running and running as fast as I could, but getting nowhere.

Once I did the math and finally figured out that they weren't including spaces and I made a measly $500 in two weeks working full-time hours, I told them that they were going to have to find somebody else because I simply cannot work for 6 cpl with no spaces. I also expressed my extreme frustration and irritation with them for not being forthcoming about this being a VBC account at the time they hired me. I've got both a house and a car payment, so these sweat shop wages were not going to fly with me. Then, they gave me a sales pitch about how they thought I would be great QA material and they wanted me to join their QA team. I asked them how much that would pay. They said 4.5 cpl, but that "it's just editing, so the lines will add up fast!" Nope!!! I laughed and quit. I'm just very thankful that I held onto my IC job that pays me 9 cpl, so I had that to fall back on.

I was very disappointed because I actually love psych work and I did enjoy the accounts there, but if they aren't going to pay an even remotely fair or livable line rate, I'm out. I couldn't have stayed anyway because minimum wage in my state is currently $12.50/hour and I definitely was not making even close to that at Saince! I wasn't even making $10/hour.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)