Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

Hoffman response to several questions I asked. Chances may be - most of you will DECLINE this offer. SM

Posted: Jun 21st, 2021 - 2:15 pm In Reply to: Per Diem Transcriptionists Needed - Kevin

I didnt send a resume. I  asked questions first, before even bothering with a resume and getting a hard sell recruiting line of BS. This is some of the information I got, but it boils down to these two sticking points.
Basically, you're paid once a month and it's a month late, for the work you did a month ago.
And here's a surprise nobody would expect, right????   They deduct pay for errors!
Payment for projects are typically done by the audio minutes of the recording. We do have some projects that are done at a set line rate or a per page rate, but we always advise our vendors on each job beforehand. For audio minute projects, we reimburse at $1.00 per audio minute for new transcription work, $0.50 per audio minute on editing work.
We do require a 99% accuracy for all jobs. Any work submitted at a lower accuracy rate may be subject to deductions based on the severity of the errors. The turnaround time for all standard projects is a maximum of twenty-four hours from the time it is submitted to you. 
Invoices are submitted the first week of each month for services rendered the month prior. 

I didnt send a resume. I  asked questions first, before even bothering with a resume and wasting my time listening to a hard sell recruiting line of BS. This clip below is some of the information I got, but it boils down to these two sticking points.

My first two questions were about pay rate and I also asked if the work is straight typing or editing.

1.  Basically, he doesn't mention how long it takes to get paid, only talks about submitting your invoice.

2.  You will notice that he slithered around when I asked if pay is different for each specialty  (medical, legal, general, business)  and whether it's typing or editing.

3. And here's a surprise nobody would expect, right????   They deduct pay for errors!

I personally think Kevin is a sneaky snake oil salesman.

Payment for projects are typically done by the audio minutes of the recording. We do have some projects that are done at a set line rate or a per page rate, but we always advise our vendors on each job beforehand. For audio minute projects, we reimburse at $1.00 per audio minute for new transcription work, $0.50 per audio minute on editing work.

We do require a 99% accuracy for all jobs. Any work submitted at a lower accuracy rate may be subject to deductions based on the severity of the errors. The turnaround time for all standard projects is a maximum of twenty-four hours from the time it is submitted to you. 

Invoices are submitted the first week of each month for services rendered the month prior. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)