Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

SkillSource - Thoughts

Posted: Jun 4th, 2021 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: Considering retraining...what's your experience? - sleepymt

A suggestion would be to inquire with Employment Security in your state. Where I live, we have a state-sponsored program called SkillSource that offers worker retraining and job placement assistance. It has been several years since I was laid off from MT, but reduction in force jobs for underemployed people in certain occupations qualified for funds to attend school, and MT was one of them. They had resume preparation workshops and computer workshops, etc. There was also access to the state job data base of open positions. I think there are more remote jobs now than before. You could also register with a temp agency. You didn’t mention what you wanted to do, but it might not require spending a lot of money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)