Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I dodged a major bullet with them - sm

Posted: May 17th, 2021 - 8:42 am In Reply to: That company is a joke - SM

Years ago I passed their online test and they flew me out to Virginia and paid for everything,which is the only nice thing I can really say about them. I stayed in a nice hotel and had a nice rental car, so there's that. I didn’t pass their in-person test.

The MT supervisor looked like she rolled out of bed. Her hair didn’t looked brushed and her clothes were wrinkled. They had two of us test in what was basically a closet, just enough room for the two of us at one small table, but barely. It was hot in there with no air circulating. She kept going in and out of the room shutting a loud, heavy door each time while we were trying to type the files. The other MT was testing right beside me and our keyboard clicks were echoing in this little closet. My computer didn’t work and it kept logging me out. The test files were terrible. There were two files I could hear plainly, but the others were barely audible and absolute worst dictators I’ve ever had. It didn’t sound like they were speaking English in some of them and I’m not exaggerating! After I tested I was having second thoughts. If the audio was that terrible on these archaic computers that they supply then I wasn’t sure I wanted the job.

It was a horrible experience. I had to wait in their break room for over an hour while my tests were graded and the employees who came in and out of this break room looked like the walking dead. They looked absolutely miserable. I'm not sure if the other MT passed or not as she was testing for two different things.

She told me I didn’t pass and I asked about the online program they gave for people who didn’t pass (which was discussed prior to my flying out there) and she told me you just basically apply again in six months and retest online. So, they had lied to me. They specifically said earlier if you don’t pass then they have a program online that you can do.

They contacted me again a few weeks later asking me if I wanted to test again. I guess they had second thoughts. I declined. Why the hell would I want to go through that again? Lol.

Since then I’ve read so many horrible things about them. The abbreviations of common words just to save on line pay and omitting things not pertaining the patient’s health even if dictated which I don’t think is even legal. If the doctor dictates it then it should be put into the chart. I’ve read that some people are given the worst dictators and they have a hard time making their line counts and they won’t change them or divide it up. Also, you have to work mandatory overtime, which they seem to have problems paying people their overtime pay as they've been sued in the past for this!

All in all I feel that this is a disorganized company who takes advantage of their MTs and who practice some shady business ! I’m glad I dodged the bullet the first time and I’m glad I didn’t take them up on their offer when they decided they did want me to retest so they could hire me.

I work for an awesome company now and the best one I’ve worked at in my 20 years in this field. Things truly do work out for the best. You definitely dodged a bullet too!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)