Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To OP - Just Say No

Posted: Dec 15th, 2020 - 7:37 am In Reply to: Just dive in - MT Mama

My advice would be to train for another occupation if you are looking for something with a future, MT is probably going to be non-existent in a couple of years and currently jobs are very scarce. There are no reputable MT schools anymore, and you need very good language and vocabulary skills and the ability to understand foreign accents as well as knowledge of many medical specialties. If you can get a job at all, you’ll be struggling at home on your own, and competing with others to have enough work. I’m also an old timer who moved into QA when my employer outsourced. I’m nearing retirement, and have been lucky to have on site, hourly wage benefited jobs throughout the years. People here are suggesting that you proceed, do so at your own risk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)