Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just dive in - MT Mama

Posted: Dec 7th, 2020 - 4:42 pm In Reply to: New MT seeking advice on where/how to get started. - Lacey

They all pay the same. You'll find that out very soon. Just start applying and if you get hired/contracted, jump in and do the work. It's the only way to learn. Again, I reiterate, they all pay the same. There is no higher pay rate for experience. You get paid cents per 65-character line typed. RARELY you may find an hourly gig, or some that pay per report, but that is very unusual. Excellent, very experienced editors (most of the work these days is speech recognition editing) who work very hard can make $20 an hour, but that would probably be the top end. I would also suggest going through this site and reading about the state of this profession and what you can expect. There really is no best place to start. The work is the same everywhere. I agree starting with one specialty might be easiest, but most places hiring for a specific specialty want experience in that specialty. The going rate pretty much everywhere is 4 cents per line editing and 8 cents per line typing. Some places will hire newbies and some will not. Some care about your certificate, but most don't. This site is THE place to find out, but you need to dig around and do some reading here. It's too much info to summarize in one post. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)