Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Same - Here

Posted: Jul 13th, 2020 - 9:25 am In Reply to: Same here, and amen - Not sure what they

I'm sure that "they" don't think all nurses do is sit around the nurses' station sipping tea. "They" are smart enough to know that there are pros and cons to any job. Please take that high and mighty attitude somewhere else. If you haven't been an MT, then you don't know what "they" put up with. Probably somewhere down the line, "they" are putting up with some of the same BS because we work in healthcare.

I worked in-house in several jobs. Two weren't that bad as one was a small rural hospital and the other I worked nights, so we didn't get the same amount of BS or interaction that bigger hospitals and day shift get. The last hospital job I had, we got plenty of the same BS...doctors coming into med records or calling carrying on about where their reports were and half the time, they weren't even dictated yet!

I am not, nor have I been a nurse, but my mother was and I know what she had to go through. Before she had to retire, she also complained of all the paperwork and not really getting to be a nurse.

The grass is not always greener in any situation. Again, please take your high and mighty attitude somewhere else. We know what this field has become and how we are treated, so are trying to discourage anyone from making the mistake of becoming an MT; however, to each his own. If you really want to be an MT, go for it. Please don't post on an MT board how awful the job is and don't say you weren't warned.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)