Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Nurses are being laid off right now also - sm

Posted: Jul 6th, 2020 - 10:13 am In Reply to: I enrolled in nursing school - .

For the most part, you'll always have work as a nurse, but even right now during COVID nurses are being laid off. I was nurse and I'm now an MT and have been for over a decade. Nursing is hard. You will sacrifice a lot and not get much in return. You will have grumpy doctors and patients. Some days will be rewarding, but most aren't. You will find yourself tied to the computer documenting every little thing and less time spent with your patients. It's just how things are now. It wasn't always this way. If you can get into a specialty area then there may be less stress, but that just depends on the people you work with. I'm sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer. If you get a chance to ask people you know who are nurses how they really like their jobs then please do. I know so many nurses who are miserable. There are a few who still love it, but they have moved into the cushy positions now and have easier jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)