Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

They need us - more than we need them.

Posted: Jul 7th, 2020 - 11:31 am In Reply to: To Exactly - Amen

Whenever QA acts up, I report it. Whenever I don't feel like working, I don't. I have decades in this field, so the newbies do not realize what we have done in the past in going above and beyond but paid for those services very well and also appreciated and to now only make an average of 10 an hour under circumstances beyond our control.

MTSO owners need us or they have nothing. Nuance and M-Modal bought up all the companies, changed all the clients to their fancy platforms, offered perks, etc. They now decide they don't want the MTs or managers and all that overhead. Now, we're stuck with all these IC jobs paying very low for what they expect. MTSO owners are still under the thumb of Nuance and M-Modal and pay the price if quality isn't met to their standards. As of right now, Nuance is now requiring MTSOs use Fiesa for feedback.

I just sit back and laugh at them begging us to work all night for 4 cpl because they bit off more than they can chew. There are no incentives to being an IC other than making your own hours, which is what I do.

If they want to monitor in some fashion, I won't sign on. They don't want to pay me as an employee and share the tax burden, so they don't get to monitor my hours.

This job is basically 10 dollars an hour no matter how you slice it and the perk is working from home and making your own schedule. Even with employee positions, they run out of work or they have a high volume and request help outside of your schedule. Again, they need us. We do not need them. They really need to start acting like it because many MTs are leaving for greener pastures. Many moms do this for fun money. It's no longer a career of importance. It's just a way to keep documentation flowing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)