Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Unpaid internship - You have too much experience to work for free

Posted: May 26th, 2020 - 7:54 pm In Reply to: Experienced MT looking for volunteer/unpaid internship in acute care transcription - Ellen

With 35 years experience in autopsy transcription and rad I don’t think you need an internship. Acute care would include operative reports and I don’t think you would have any problem with that, you certainly know the anatomy. Other things you might see would be history and physicals, consults, ER and discharge summary reports. There are specialty areas but I think you could probably research anything you don’t know as you go. Your biggest challenge will be finding open positions as so many places outsource now, and if you’re currently paid hourly you will be in for a shock if you go to work for a service. I like the advice to stay where you are or choose a different occupation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)