Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Dead to Me - This job has killed my spirit

Posted: May 20th, 2020 - 3:15 pm In Reply to: I'm pretty much dead inside at this point - jes

What was once a great job, and a great WAH job has gone the way of the gutter and it took me a long time and some difficult financial difficulties to finally get out. I still work PT as an IC, but minimally and have a job outside of my home and couldn't be happier, even on the bad days of my job.

I have never in my life been treated or seen others treated they way MTs are. The degradation is unbelievable, the decrease in pay and benefits, asking for everything with pennies in return just blows my mind.

As I look back on my long career as an MT, I don't know why I could not see the writing on the wall and took their abuse, over and over again.

I used to love transcription, but they took my spirit away and I got so resentful I could hardly function. Every time I saw an email by heart would pound, every QA report, break out in nerves and so on. I am sure all of us has experienced this at one time or another and many have made changes. I am happy to report I am one of them.

Good luck to all who are still struggling in this field hoping to make a living off of it.

Just as a footnote, how many jobs I worked at that screwed me on money or didn't pay and left me holding the bag, how many companies were so poorly run and disorganized, you couldn't make heads or tails of it, how many stupid MT tests did I take only to say I didn't qualify without any explanation, how many said they would hire me, never to hear back, how many supervisors were the devil in disguise, how many companies changed owners so many times only to get worse with each new owner and then to top if all of, 4 cpl! Wow, just shoot me now and don't even get me started on the people who do the dictation and the computer problems and lest we not forget VDI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)