Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Testing process and withholding pay info - So frustrating

Posted: Feb 17th, 2020 - 12:27 pm

I just need to vent.  Why, why, why do some companies insist on withholding information regarding pay, accounts, etc. until AFTER you have spent hours doing the 4 long test files with terrible audio quality and mush-mouthed dictators that they have sent you???  I'm sorry, but if you can't be bothered to tell me how much you pay and if you can't tell me anything about the account(s) that I would be working on, I am NOT going to spend hours of my precious time testing for a job that probably only pays 3 or 4 cpl for speech wreck editing.  I just received an email from a company that states, "If you successfully complete the testing, we schedule an interview and share all of the details of the Independent Contractor role."  Well, I guess you won't be "sharing the details" of the IC role with me, because I am not testing until you spill the beans regarding pay and other crucial details about the job.  If you expect people to take the time out of their day or evening to take your test, you at least need to have the common courtesy to be up front about things as important as pay.  Enough with this "pass the test and then we'll tell you" mystery box BS.  Why is it such a huge secret?  To be fair, I have received emails from several other companies who very clearly stated the pay rates up front, but this one company (initials TN) really rubbed me the wrong way.  There was literally NO information about the job.  It was just, "Here, take this test and then maybe we'll talk to you."  This is extremely unprofessional, not to mention shady as hell.

Sorry.  Had to vent.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)