Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Alpha - sm

Posted: Feb 17th, 2020 - 11:08 am

I was passed over with 30 years of experience but not Fluency, which I think Alpha must be getting MModal work.  In saying this, I appllied through Indeed.  Indeed gives you stats on your applications.  There were, I believe, 170 applicants for the job.  Just letting you know this because it is a good way to see just how many MTs out there are looking for jobs.  I do believe it was for the Fluency platform, but I'm not positive as I can no longer find the ad.  I did get an e-mail that the position was filled, but it was canned text e-mail from Indeed, so it probably came from Alpha.  Alpha may have since taken their ad down.  Again, not sure about anything other than the 170 applicants.  I have also applied for jobs in my community for office work.  One position had 470 applicants.  It's not that easy to just get out of MT and get in somewhere.  First, you have to somehow convince the office or facility that even though you work independently from your home office, that you will be able to adapt.  At every single interview, I am asked this question because of the longevity of working from home.  The other issue in my community and the surrounding communities is that about 50% require you speak and write Spanish as well as English.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)