Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 63)

You are welcome. - sm

Posted: Feb 17th, 2020 - 7:06 pm In Reply to: Thank you so much! - Sunny

Also, go on ZipRecruiter. They also have a lot of jobs because I believe it is free for companies to advertise there. I believe Indeed charges the employers. I do know though that Indeed will capture from other hiring sites. I am also on ZipRecruiter though because it also tells you when your resume was viewed.

Don't get discouraged. Sometimes places wait 2 or 3 weeks before getting back to you. It is nothing like the MT field. I've gone on interviews only to find out it was something that was entirely different than the ad, i.e., adding lots of other duties, commuting to other offices, pay wasn't good. Just keep in mind that out there in the "real world," it's not like you're an e-mail or two away from a job. It takes time and effort, and, my biggest tip for outside jobs is observe, observe, observe. Look all around, see how the workers are, look at how the place is kept up, see if things look like they are running smoothly, etc. Always smile at everyone because, honestly, the person interviewing you could have been observing you the entire time as well. Look alert, do not be on your phone or look distracted. Trust me, this all comes into play. And don't be discouraged when you think "I nailed it," and they call you and ask for a second interview. Then after the second interview, they're like, okay we will be making a decision soon. I always like to ask, "What is your time frame for filling the position?" This way, you know what you're dealing with. Ask lots of questions and also read up on their websites. They will ask you what you know about their company and they definitely want answers. Have a good answer for the question, "what is your weakness?" It is asked. Also, make sure you have good references because most all will check your references.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)