Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well, the OP never mentioned what - happened after he

Posted: Nov 26th, 2019 - 1:45 pm In Reply to: Seriously? - AJ

asked those standing around him whether the patient DID have an EKG or not. Maybe a resident or nurse said "yes" and he continued to dictate when someone found that info in the chart. Those of us who have been transcribing for years, like myself with 35 years under my belt, know that when a doc, PA, or NP click that record button they go into "auto pilot." The majority don't do a chart review or plan what they are going to say. We know that all too well and come to expect it. If I and other veteran MTs had not developed a thin skin all those years back, I'm sure we wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of years. We can wish all we want that they dictate better and are more professional and more organized (some do and are great dictators), but it's not the way it is. I'm sorry some people had smart remarks for the OP and some people got offended, but it's the nature of the MT business and we all have to get used to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)