Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Congrats! - sm

Posted: Nov 16th, 2019 - 12:58 pm In Reply to: It's VERY refreshing s/m - Anon

Yes, it is an entirely different world out there. Legal transcription is one that my friend likes to do and has done so for years and years. It also helped her land a great job with the social security administration court cases. She loves it. Always paid and consistent work, etc.

Another one some might consider are the public safety type transcription work. It's a little different and quite a bit of start and stop but once you get going with that, it can be quite rewarding as well. Again, better pay since it's straight typing and always work to do.

I actually love getting away from my home for those 40 hours a week and I feel like a real person again that is appreciated for my personality and my talents. MT had me so insecure, anxious, and felt like I didn't really fit in. I tended to not take people up on invites because I felt socially awkward. I know now it was definitely this job and the decades I've spent alone doing it.

But, now, I am outgoing, I can make decisions more easily. I feel a sense of worth and I'm complimented frequently and I am appreciated for my ideas and quite frankly, I deserve that in life. I have another 15 or 20 years to work, I want to live my best life.

I think a lot MTs feel stuck. I get it. I used to feel that way, too. But, now, I know that I was just making excuses to stay with MT. Those excuses were no longer making sense to even myself. It's hard, but it can be done and I thank myself every day for making the change. I have an entirely different mindset at this point. I actually look forward to living life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)