Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

These are - all why I will not use it.

Posted: Nov 16th, 2019 - 8:04 am In Reply to: VDI - Multiple issues - Eliza

I got locked out of an account that wasn't requiring VDI, then all of a sudden it did. I was told to call India and get unlocked. No thanks. Not worth my time or sanity. I can't even understand what they're saying as it's some call center and everyone is talking over each other.

Probably 80% (yes, 80) of the work I've done in the MT field has been either never paid on time, shorted my pay, never paid at all, and, essentially, fighting over what I earned to be sent to me and told no, they never authorized the work I did so wouldn't pay me for it (that was one company). When I worked for local people, they would say they were cutting the check and then "oops, forgot," or "left it at the office for you" and I'd go to the office and it's not there. Talk about frustrating.

I have decades in this profession and I no longer will tolerate this kind of abuse of power or lack of organization on their part, not mine.

Anyone working on VDI, whether it's Nuance or OneVoiceData or whoever else decides to use it - it is a hassle, it's not organized, you lose time and loads of money. End of story.

The bottom line really is, I'm tired of doing the work (plus fight QA) for someone else to get rich. I'm here volunteering (not paid what it's worth), worried about accuracy, worried about their TAT, and for what? So the owner of an MTSO can live a lifestyle on my knowledge. If they don't have us transcribing these reports, they have nothing. What part of that don't MTs understand in this industry?

Rant over. Just plain tired of it, I guess. I'm out of MT for good. Never looking back. I'm so tarnished my job isn't even in the medical field either. Love it! So refreshing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)