Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

Of course Arabic numbers are used in - med dosing and other

Posted: Nov 14th, 2019 - 1:01 pm In Reply to: Not in my corner of MT world. - MT2

values such as inches, weight, age, etc. and have always been. Your accounts are an exception to the rule, as the rules have changed for medical documentation. BOS 3rd Edition, pp. 227-228, essentially says that rules for numbers specified by formal grammar do not apply in the clinical documentation setting because numeric values that stand out on the page are less likely to be overlooked or misinterpreted so the standard is to use them in transcription now. I'm willing to bet that 8 out of 10 MTs who work for large MTSOs will attest to the fact that we are supposed to use Arabic numbers now for all numbers less than 10 with a few exceptions such as if a number is the first word of a sentence. Your accounts are definitely throwbacks from a time gone by, and I've never heard your rule if it could be or couldn't be a decimal determines whether to use the Arabic or to write out the number. What MT school did you learn that from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)