Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Truth - sm

Posted: Nov 10th, 2019 - 6:38 am In Reply to: May have been a - very different story

Canada and UK and Australia for awhile at least kept their medical transcription on their own shores, and I think mostly still do. They do our work too, but also have most of their own. I admire those countries for seeing the wisdom and importance of doing that. Legal transcription has never been offshored, considered too important. How is medical documentation also not that important? Both take a great deal of knowledge and experience to do well and both professions should still be going strong. I’m convinced that if the MTSOs weren’t trying to drive US pay rates down closer to non-primary English speaking country rates, VR pay would not have been slashed the way it was and VR could have become a valued tool that we incorporated without reducing us to near poverty levels.

Oh well. Most of us have been saying this for over a decade and where did it get us? Might have been different if AAMT had sided with us in the beginning. Not that it matters now.

I wonder if there are groups lobbying for offshoring of MT in Washington keeping that going. And no I am not curious enough to discuss this over in Politics!! I avoid that part of the forum like the plague.

It is hard to watch pay drop and quality with it. Hard to deal with NJA to keep always way ahead of TAT but with the side effect of keeping our LPH way below where it would normally be. The old way was to keep us all busy and call for OT if backlogs built, but never so much it left those scheduled without work. In those days I could produce almost double what I do now.

I need my job and love the work when it isn’t exasperating, just hard to watch it all happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)