Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

class action lawsuit against Patient First transcription - anon

Posted: Sep 12th, 2019 - 3:26 pm

Hello,

I have received a letter today regarding a class action lawsuit against PF by former PF transcriptionists.  It states that if you were a full time PF transcriptionist during a certain time and wanted to join the lawsuit to fill out the paperwork.  I am curious if anyone else is joining in on this?  It says it is for improperly paid OT.  

When I left, I obtained a request form for back pay from my state labor board which I filled out due to all the time pulling patient lists with all the center hopping that was going on as well other things that took time that we received no admin time for.  My labor board said I should be paid for all tasks required for the job, not just the lines I produced.  I did fill it out, but decided not to pursue it.  I was just starting a new job and didn't think I could spend time getting involved with it. 

Now I see this lawsuit and am wondering if it just for timed OT, of which I really didn't have much extra time on the clock.  I was mainly able to produce the extra lines within the 8 hour window. I am wondering if anyone knows whether this pertains to hourly overtime or not receiving any extra compensation for the extra lines required above and beyond the normal requirement?  I didn't specifically see that on the letter.  If it is for the extra hours, I don't think I need to fill it out.  If it is for the extra lines, I will definitely fill it out.  We were on mandatory OT for months at a time, so it would be well worth it!  thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)