Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

I agree with you. I also agree with OP. - sm

Posted: Sep 2nd, 2019 - 7:25 am In Reply to: i love how the ads say looking for "reliable person" especially for 3rd - shift- how about reliable work flow

As an IC, each and every voice file is a job. I can choose not to take the next file if I so desire. In any industry where you are self-employed, you have the right to refuse a client or work.

If MTSOs want accountability so bad, then hire employees. At the same time, follow the rules of employment and have work ready for that shift. Too many MTSOs hire employees and then ask them to shift around or come back later. Uhmm.... NO!!!!

The MTs ruining the IC status are the ones who stick to these schedules put forth and categorized as an IC. The MTs hired as employees and not asking for at least minimum wage for the remainder of the shift where the is no work are the ones ruining this field.

As far as I am concerned, an MTSO should be paying hourly regardless. They can still keep track of productivity and address it accordingly as other facilities have done in the past when most, if not all, were on site. I never had a quota when I worked on site; the work got done. Of course, things come up, i.e., that one doctor that waits all week to dictate and wants his all STAT.

Bowing down to these companies is such a desperate approach and really doesn't look good on us. We have every right to show our displeasure with rules and low pay and low work situations especially as an employee. IC is a different story. As an IC, the MTSO does not have to provide you work, but, in turn, do not expect the IC to turn around backwards for you. You cannot have it both ways. As an IC, you are self-employed and responsible for all of your own expenses. As an employee, you should be making at least minimum wage during a work shortage during your shift.

Sorry if this is repetitive, but I am kind of sad to see MTs with knowledge standing up for MTSOs that do not classify their MTs correctly but want the world. Sorry, I have more respect for myself and my fellow MTs who agree with me. Just my opinion!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)