Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Cancer Registry - Good Luck

Posted: Aug 24th, 2019 - 12:29 pm In Reply to: Cancer Registry has a future - Nm

Unless your daughter resides in a large metro area with several hospitals, cancer registrars are not really in demand and usually require training in coding in addition to the dedicated course. It's not a work in your pajamas for a little pin money type of job; many people are home based but they also have to come on site to attend weekly conferences (tumor board) and work pretty closely with medical staff. If all your daughter wants is something that doesn't require much effort and allows her to stay and home, I would say save the money spent on a course and work as a scheduler or customer service rep, maybe for Amazon. As with most jobs/careers, a person gets out of it what they are willing to give. I wouldn't recommend Career Step unless she has a lot of self discipline; it's all independent study with no instructor hand-holding. I think coding jobs are still in demand based on what I have seen at the facility where I work, but no one works at home directly out of school, it's pretty complex but there are more peripheral jobs than there would be with an MT education.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)